It’s a funny old time. Over six weeks since we went into lockdown, two months since most of us have seen loved ones and longer since we’ve been able to do the things we love. With no end in sight, no date to fixate on to get us through, it’s easy to find ourselves floundering and bouncing from one emotion to the next in the space of only a few hours; none of us have been in this situation before, and it’s easy to find yourself feeling lost amongst the daily news updates and endless streams of social media telling you what you should and shouldn’t be doing. The answer? Nobody knows.
But you know what’s most important during a period of uncertainty and anxiety? Looking after your own wellbeing and indulging in a little pampering ‘me time’ to help you re-balance and relax, even if only for ten minutes. I’ve been taking some much needed time off to read, eat the things I fancy and look after my body from top to toe; I’ve never had so many baths, baked so many cakes, watched so much Netflix or called so many of my loved ones. Archie has never been walked so much or for so long, and my sofa has never been so used.
Sometimes a little self-care goes a long way, and being kind to yourself (both psychically and emotionally) should be a top priority right now. Allowing yourself to sack off the day to watch rubbish telly and snack on biscuits; running yourself a bath and taking a long soak with a great book; pouring yourself a G&T and sitting in the garden, letting the sun shine on your face; treating yourself to a new body cream, or taking the time to give yourself a little mani. The little things really make all the difference.
For me, beauty has always played a huge part in self care – it’s naturally entwined as something that makes me feel good and allows me precious moments out to reboot and focus on myself. Even if you only have ten minutes, there are so many little things you can do to be kind to yourself and reboot your mood; here are fifteen easy beauty treats to get you started…
1. Run a bath and pop in some bath salts, oil or a bath bomb to fill the room with comforting fragrance. A long soak always works wonders, but even switching your morning shower for a bath will make the difference.
2. Apply a nourishing face mask and take the time to flick through a magazine while it gets to work; your skin will feel better all day.
3. Use a luxurious scented body oil or cream to massage and hydrate your limbs in one step. You can do better than your usual pot of Nivea.
4. Put on your most powerful lipstick, even if you’re wearing no other makeup and don’t intend to leave the house.
5. Shave your legs. Sometimes it’s the simple things.
6. Treat your hair to a nourishing hair masque while you watch your favourite show, letting the conditioning agents work their magic.
7. Douse yourself in your favourite scent; sometimes smelling good is all you need.
8. In the shower, buff skin using a body scrub from top to toe so your most beautiful smooth skin is revealed. It’s amazing the difference exfoliating away dead skin makes.
9. Soak your feet in warm water and olive oil to soften hard skin and leave them looking refreshed. A salon-inspired treatment from the comfort of your kitchen.
10. Take the time to massage in your favourite day or night cream, using your hands to manipulate and lift skin. It’ll feel like a facial but cost absolutely nothing.
11. Give yourself a little hand massage, paying attention to your pulse points, and finish off with a slick of polish.
12. Buff your lips using a lip scrub (or clean toothbrush) and follow with a rich lip balm, for a renewed pout.
13. Pop your favourite night products in the fridge and feel the benefit of the cool formulas before bed.
14. Pluck and shape your brows. They lift and frame your face, so it’s only right you pay attention to them.
15. Create a salon-inspired blow-dry from the comfort of your dressing table, enjoying the bouncy result all day. They’re called good hair days for a reason.
By the way, if you’re looking for a little boost and are in the market for some affordable luxury then Rabot 1745 Beauty* are definitely here to help. Their beautiful products help to create a spa-like feeling from the comfort of your own home, helping to relieve the stress and anxiety we’re all feeling. Since 1745, the Rabot Estate has farmed cacao on the island of Saint Lucia – and now that cocoa has been infused into a beautiful range of balms, oils, scrubs and butters I know you’ll love just as much as me. They smell amazing, feel amazing and definitely help instantly lift my mood; the body scrub, body cream and body oil are definite highlights. And as a coffee addict, I’m also a bit obsessed with the re-usable coffee cup packaging!
Whatever you choose to do, whatever you choose to use, just remember to be kind to yourself.
You deserve all the easy beauty treats you can make time for.
(Got more time on your hands? Read my post on 11 Beauty Tasks To Do During Lockdown)
*AD: gifted products, with no obligation to post.
Pictures were taken as part of a paid Instagram collaboration with the brand, but this post ‘Easy Beauty Treats To Do In Ten Minutes’ is entirely editorial.