WIN A SIGNED BOTTLE OF BRAND NEW FRAGRANCE,
MICHAEL BUBLE ‘BY INVITATION ROSE GOLD’
“All that I am, or I ever hope to be, I owe to my mother.” I may not be a mother myself, but I’m fully aware that it’s one of the hardest and more rewarding jobs out there. It may not be recognised as such, but looking after a tiny human and helping to carve them into a well-rounded and successful individual is a tough job – and one that never has the added bonus of a paycheck. The bond between mother and child is such a special one and a connection we will carry until the day we die; I can only imagine having carried something so intimately for nine months creates a love never felt or experienced before, even if it’s not always obviously reciprocated. I for one have had a somewhat tempestuous relationship with my mum, transitioning from a dependent and loving daughter into a bratty teenager who’d rather listen to anyone but their own parent, into an adult that respects and admires her for everything she’s taught and shown me along the way.
My mum is such a kind, warm, helpful and caring individual and she’s taught me compassion and patience. As Mother’s Day is just around the corner, these are just a few of the things I’d like to thank my mum for…
1. For always showing me that if you want to make a change you have to get out there and do something about it. She was always campaigning and petitioning for change in the community, whether it was a wider pavement outside the school or preventing a slip road from running through the middle of our estate. Only one small woman against a mighty institution, she always got things done.
2. For encouraging me to get on stage and enter every dance competition going, and for spending many a late night sewing together costumes or pinning on sequins. My mum took me to dance classes five nights a week at one stage, spending many weekends and school holidays additionally driving me to competitions or supporting shows; those are some of the fondest memories of my childhood and the experiences undoubtedly filled me with the confidence I have today.
3. For never letting me give up or refusing to make the most of my ability. I was the first in my family to go to Grammar School and the first to attend University; my mum campaigned for me to have a better education and always supported me, even when I got in a huff because I didn’t understand my homework. She always told me to reach for the stars and believe in myself, and without that positive influence in my life I would never have achieved what I had – she’s my ultimate cheerleader.
4. For allowing me to have every pet under the sun and for showing me compassion is one of the best attributes you can have. At once stage we had a dog, six cats, a rabbit, a hamster and probably a few other rogue animals living in my sister’s room; my love of animals undoubtedly came from her, as did the respect for life in general.
5. For always being at the end of a phone, and for always being there to offer reassurance – whether it’s because I was scaring her half to death walking home on my own at 3am, or calming me down a week before we got married. Sometimes you just need to talk to your mum, and her soothing voice still always makes me feel better.
I’d like to thank my mum for making me proud to be her daughter, even if we’re so very different in so many ways.
Mother’s Day provides the perfect opportunity to stop, reflect and give thanks to the women who make such a difference to our lives; it’s only one day a year and we should undoubtedly show them how much they mean to us more often, but Mothering Sunday is a great opportunity to tell them how much you love them and celebrate all that they’ve done. Ahead of Mother’s Day, one of the most successful recording artists (and mum fave!) is back with a new scent to follow up on the incredible success of his first forray into perfume. By Invitation Rose Gold is an elegant Floral Oriental Gourmand scent that is both timeless and sensual; incredibly feminine without being saccharine or sweet, it combines luminous floral notes and addictive gourmand facets.
I was a huge fan of the original By Invitation (read my feature here!) and this follow-up scent is just as beautiful – possibly even more so. Slightly powdery with warming undertones that are utterly ageless, this is a scent that is universal in its appeal without feeling at all generic. Starting with sophisticated top notes of radiant magnolia, red fruits and granit pear, By Invitation Rose Gold has the tenderness of a rose and peony heart, with a hint of black plum; lingering praline and vanilla notes, and just a touch of precious spice, ensure this fine fragrance is both charming and elegant.
Completely on-trend and sure to be a blogger favourite thanks to its flatlay appeal, By Invitation Rose Gold still features the same iconic ‘atomiser inspired’ vintage bottle in a new delicate rose gold shade; it’s the perfect fragrance for spritzing on morning or night, and it looks pretty darn fabulous on your dressing table too. There’s no doubt it’s the ultimate gift for any mum this forthcoming Mother’s Day – and you can get your hands on it before anyone else online right now via the Michael Bublé Perfume website (because it doesn’t land into stores for a little while yet.)
Say thank you for everything with a bottle of By Invitation Rose Gold. My mum will definitely be getting one of these to unwrap come 11th March – will yours?
As a little thank you all of my own, I’m giving away an INCREDIBLE PRIZE of a bottle of By Invitation Rose Gold, signed by Mr Bublé himself, to one lucky reader. That’s right, this bottle has been in the ACTUAL HANDS OF MICHAEL BUBLE and may or may not still feature very small beads of actual hand sweat. If you want to be in with a chance of winning it (whether you can bear to part with it and give it to your mum is up to you!) then enter via the widget below. Good luck fellow Bublé lovers.
Get the new By Invitation Rose Gold scent exclusively via the Michael Bublé Perfume website
now (last shipping date for Mother’s Day is 7th March!) before it lands into stores later on this year. Available in 30ml (£29.00) and 100ml (£55.00) bottles.
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY buy a 30ml Eau de Parfum fragrance and receive a FREE rollerball of Michael’s original fragrance, By Invitation. Buy a 100ml Eau de Parfum fragrance and receive a free 30ml By Invitation purse spray.
This is a sponsored feature in partnership with Michael Bublé Perfume; all opinions are my own.
SIGN UP TO MY MONTHLY NEWSLETTER HEREEXCLUSIVE NEWS, GIVEAWAYS & INFO ON WHAT YOU’VE MISSED!
Features PR samples unless otherwise stated. To read my full disclaimer, click here.