When A Lipstick Is More Than Just Another Lipstick: Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Colour

When Bobbi Brown stepped down from her self-named brand at the start of the year, I did a little whimper to myself. I’ve met her a couple of times over the years and she’s one of the most warm-hearted and inspirational women I’ve ever come across, all packaged up in a miniature frame that you just know has made her even more determined to get out there and prove her worth. Considering she committed over two decades of her life to the brand, it was a real shame (and a bit of a shock) to see her depart – but with a new chapter brings new possibilities. I was incredibly intrigued to see what would happen to the Bobbi Brown range during this new phase of life, and if the newest launch is anything to go by it’s set only to get bigger and better. The new Crushed Lip Colour is undoubtedly the best thing I’ve seen from the brand in a long time!

Available in twenty shades that take you from the most understated nudes to the most powerful reds, berries and corals, this is a collection that’s sure to appeal to every age of lipstick wearer. The texture is like a semi-sheer balm, providing great colour with a touch of subtle shine that leaves lips looking full and healthy; I thought these would be matte from the bullet, but when they apply the result is a lot more modern and wearable – almost like a lipstick has been airbrushed on to your pout. Thanks to the inclusion of beeswax, plus Vitamins E and C, the lipsticks apply beautifully and are incredibly comfortable; there’s no problem re-applying them either, unlike many other ranges I’ve tried that leave lips feeling parched and patchy.

The only downside is that these don’t last that long; the texture means there’s natural transference and wear (despite the claim that they last all day – probably only if you don’t eat, drink or talk for the duration!) but it doesn’t bother me at all to have to re-apply. They fade evenly, so you’re not left with that god-awful line around the edge of your pout that looks like you’ve forgotten to fill in your liner either. My fave shades include Lilac (a mauve-brown shade that’s a great autumn nude update,) Crush (a bright but wearable pink) and Ruby (a rich and deep berry shade of red,) but with twenty to choose from you’re sure to find one that works for you… Although a word of warning: the packs make the shades look a lot brighter than they are inside, so swatch or do your research rather than picking the colour you *think* you want. Overall, a great range of lipsticks that would be a fab little beauty wardrobe update for a new season.

The Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Colour is available in 20 shades, priced £24.00 each.

SIGN UP TO MY MONTHLY NEWSLETTER HEREEXCLUSIVE NEWS, GIVEAWAYS & INFO ON WHAT YOU’VE MISSED!

1. Anika May
    September 19, 2017 / 5:59 pm

Such beautiful shades! Loving your photography here too!Anika | anikamay.co.uk

September 20, 2017 / 8:58 am

Thanks Anika! It can be quite tricky to take photos of 20 lipsticks 😉

2. Danish Pastry
    September 20, 2017 / 7:22 am

OMG, these lipsticks are made for me, I love Cliniques chubby sticks and Elizabeth Ardens tinted eight hour lip balm. I love subtle colour that lets my natural shade come through.Yes they haven't the staying power of others, and I do tend to use lipcote to help with stayability, although those works better with the lip balm, than chubby sticks. I have however run out of shade options in these two brands, so a new brand to add to my collection will be great!

September 20, 2017 / 8:59 am

Lipcote takes me back! It's such an underrated little tool – and I have a feeling you'll love the texture and finish of these lipsticks.

3. Leanne Marshall
    September 20, 2017 / 8:35 am

I love the look of these! I think they are definitely a lipstick I am willing to buy. I don't really care about longevity if they are nice and buttery to apply! Leanne | lemblog.co.uk

September 20, 2017 / 8:59 am

I know what you mean – if you can reapply easily it doesn't matter so much!

4. Sara Fleming
    September 20, 2017 / 11:31 am

All the shades in this range look beautiful, Bobbi Brown always nails it!Sara – Flemingo

5. Raepak Ltd
    September 21, 2017 / 11:17 am

A great lipstick container utilizing perfect shades of lippy. Fantastic range of colours. Slightly jel.

September 21, 2017 / 11:48 am

I've never tried anything from the brand. I do love the packaging and the shades and whilst they dont last, I prefer that personally. I cannot deal with those matte lipsticks that don't fade at all and just make your lips extremely dryingPam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

7. Erin Russell
    September 21, 2017 / 9:54 pm

such an incredible packaging! SO lucky! It sucks they don't last long though, I have one from their standard collection and I love it so much! Erin || MakeErinOver

8. Emily Newstead
    September 25, 2017 / 3:54 pm

These lipsticks look like lovely shades, just a shame they aren't long lasting!Emily xowww.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

9. Nital Shah
    September 28, 2017 / 10:54 am

I love Bobbi Brown and these lipstick look lush! I also love the design and packaging of them too!