Are You Ready To Be Obsessed? NEW Bespoke Makeup Brand Lands In Boots (& Starts At Only £2.00!)

Bespoke skincare has been big news for some time, providing a more tailored approach to our ever changing and increasingly individual needs. Even hair and body brands have identified the fact that (shock, horror) we all don’t fit within one or two stereotypes, in turn creating products that meet our demands and tackle our concerns. Within makeup, the ability to create something bespoke has somewhat alluded us – unless you want to spend a small fortune creating a professional palette from somewhere such as MAC or Laura Mercier – so it’s about time that changed. Known as a force for change within the beauty industry and not afraid of totally revolutionising the way we understand, buy and use makeup, the guys over at Tam Beauty (who own Makeup Revolution) have taken this as an opportunity to create yet another new brand. (Do they never sleep?) Imminently hitting Boots stores across the country, Makeup Obsession offers a selection of eyeshadow, blush, highlight and contouring pods that can either be used alone or added to a palette that’s a complete reflection of your individual tastes.

Although the actual product is inevitably pretty much the exact same as Makeup Revolution, the fact that this paired-back and simplistic brand is all about creating your own perfect portfolio makes is exciting and unique on the high street. Each of the individual pans are embossed with a little star (inspired by Jefree Star maybe?) and come packed in housing that can easily be removed by just popping out the bottom. With a multitude of medium and large palettes (that host six and twelve pans respectively) available in various colours and finishes, these are fun to fill and encourage creativity – which is what makeup should be all about. I may have seen this concept a few times before, but never in such an affordable and current way; there’s so much pleasure to be had from creating your own makeup palette, so the price points more than foster that desire. With eyeshadows costing £2.00 and blushers, highlighters and contours costing £3.00, everyone can afford to regularly change up their look and experiment with both colours and textures.

The products themselves are what you’d expect from the people behind Makeup Revolution: creamy, pigmented, long-lasting and easy to use. They may not be the best quality in the world, but for most of us they’re absolutely more than sufficient and allow us to try new trends or test out new colours without breaking the bank. I love the idea of this brand and I love the fact it lends itself to gifting too; Jane from British Beauty Blogger kindly put this together for me with all the shades she thought I’d love (she did a cracking job!) and had as much pleasure editing the shades as I did discovering them. In the run-up to Christmas, these would make fabulous stocking fillers or festive gifts for your girlfriends without going over budget. I’ve no doubt that Makeup Obsession will go down a storm in Boots stores as there’s nothing out there that can compete right now, especially as you’ll be able to get your palettes engraved with your name or message in store. If you’re a fan of Makeup Revolution, then I’m sure you’ll love their elder and more sophisticated sister – possibly even a little bit more than the original!

Does the bespoke approach of Makeup Obsession get you excited?

Makeup Obsession is available online via Boots.com now here, as well as within selected Boots stores nationwide in the coming weeks. Prices range from £2.00 to £6.00.

1. Sophiekateblogs
    September 15, 2016 / 8:44 pm

Need to check these out!! ��Sophiekate.co.uk

2. Tania Jayne
    September 15, 2016 / 9:29 pm

This is fantastic news! Finally an affordable way of creating custom palettes. I love my Bobbi Brown palettes that I've created, but they do rather sting my bank balance. I loved FashionistA when it was around because it had this customisable option. The only problem was that stands were often sold out. I don't think that's going to be an issue with Tam Beauty behind the wheel though! Very excited for these to launch in stores. XxTania | When Tania Talks

September 18, 2016 / 1:14 pm

I thought I remembered another brand, but I couldn't think of the name – it wasn't around for that long and you're right, it was always sold out. I think this is a better incarnation!

3. WineAnd Whine
    September 15, 2016 / 10:04 pm

Im not so keen on the star imprinted in the center but it sounds like a great brand xhttps://wineandwhine99.wordpress.com

September 16, 2016 / 12:34 am

These makeup brands need to STOP!! I'm going to be poor, like really really poor! But I love that this looks [and is supposed to be] so custom built. I need to go shopping. Definitely going to be checking these out! Jamie-LeighMissJamieLeigh | http://missjamie-leigh.blogspot.com

5. Rhiannon Pulling
    September 16, 2016 / 6:33 am

This is a fab idea! Some create-you-own-palettes are just so expensive. Can't wait for this one to come out! XEverything But The Kitchen

September 16, 2016 / 8:26 am

ooh I love the idea of building my own palette! Gotta go to Boots to check the quality outPam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

September 16, 2016 / 1:22 pm

I help out in Boots with an agency and I've seen this new makeup and i must say im definitely gonna treat myself the eyeshadows feel lovely and good pigment too.i think this brand is just as good as any other brands out there.The colours are amazing they feel smooth and worth a try….you never know this could be an amazing change. i can't wait to buy some.Why spend a fortune when these are great prices lovely looking palettes.

8. angelicaannaa.
    September 16, 2016 / 1:56 pm

I'm loving the idea of building your own palette and it's so affordable too! Definitely need to check these out!

9. Caterina Petrucci
    September 16, 2016 / 4:24 pm

absolutely getting excited!!! can't wait to be back in the UK to try these out!! love the little star on them!!xx from italyCate ღ kate/idoscope.com

10. Philippa
    September 16, 2016 / 4:55 pm

Really excited about this!Philippa x

11. Sally Heath Minto
    September 17, 2016 / 11:10 am

Thanks Hayley, as the closest person to MR MAKEUP I can confirm he never sleeps….:) This is a genius idea #soproud

12. Natasha K London Blog
    September 18, 2016 / 8:48 am

Sounds great. I hope it's also great quality 🙂

13. Charlotte Mackie
    September 18, 2016 / 9:09 am

It's a fab idea, but it looks literally the same as another brand created under the same umbrella a few years ago called Fashionista – I think they were finally removed from the Superdrug website a few months back. I like that there's a lot of variety in the products the people at Tam Beauty make, but it's definitely starting to feel like they're just repeating things :/

September 18, 2016 / 1:17 pm

I remember Fashionista but it wasn't launched effectively from what I recall, and wasn't around that long. I do know what you mean and definitely think Tam need to change things up a bit (that's why I don't feature them that often, as a lot of the time it's just another new eyeshadow palette) but this is a slightly different concept and it's exclusively available in Boots – so a different customer. From a business pov, it makes total sense. But I do hope, like you, we see lots of actual product innovation rather than repeats in the coming months.

14. Ramblingmads
    September 19, 2016 / 11:29 pm

Bye bye money…This is great and a good idea for gifts as well. Most palettes always have a few colours I never use so being able to pick ones I definitely will is fab.

15. Emma Mitchell
    September 20, 2016 / 10:41 am

This sounds amazing! Can't wait to go and have a look when its released! xhttps://dreamingoffithavenue.wordpress.com

16. Kasie Sullivan
    September 20, 2016 / 7:59 pm

I've just ordered the gold palette and got 6 eye shadows, so excited to try these. So good for the price and totally agree with what you said these will be very Popular, not seen nothing like it especially in the drug store! Xo

17. Corinne & Kirsty
    September 23, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Can't wait to be back in the UK and put my hands on these! x -K

18. Amy and Hannah Talk Beauty
    September 23, 2016 / 4:12 pm

I am so excited about this! Great post x

19. Lisa Rogers
    November 9, 2016 / 8:06 pm

I love the look of the palettes and the refills. Does anyone know how much product there is in each pan?

20. ChrissieT
    January 26, 2017 / 9:18 pm

I haven't been impressed, these shadows caused me to have very sore eyes!