Could Your Towel Be Causing More Hair Damage Than Your Straighteners? (You Need To Switch To Aquis Microfibre!)

You may be surprised to learn that the biggest cause of hair damage isn’t the heat associated with blowdryers, curling tongs or
straighteners – it’s actually the often laborous task of towel-drying. Rubbing a rough towel against wet
hair can not only cause excess frizz, but can also break hair and cause
irreparable fundamental damage to the shaft. If you’re drying your hair using a towel every time you wash your hair, then you could be doing more damage manually than your super-powered electrical tools are causing. I’ve been using Aquis microfibre towels for a number of years now, and the positive impact on the condition of my hair has been incredible. Considering I use a dryer and straightener almost daily, the condition of my hair is surprisingly good and often commented on when I visit the hairdresser; I attribute this wholeheartedly not only to my dedication to regular conditioning treatments, but to only ever using the soft and lightweight Aquis towels.

Hair is most delicate when wet
because the cuticle is open, making it stretchy and prone to snapping
and tangling; by towel-drying more efficiently you can minimise the use
of heat appliances and exposure to heat, resulting in fewer split ends
and heat damage. If you can make the towel drying process more efficient
and less damaging too, you’re on to a winner. Aquis
microfibre towels can significantly reduce the need for blow-drying,
whilst absorbing much more moisture from the hair than a regular towel. Aquis’ patented Aquitex microfibre technology allows me to blot away excess moisture and leave my hair practically touch-dry in a matter of minutes, cutting down my blowdry time by at least 50%. We’re so used to being told to turn down the heat, but switching up our towels to something less abrasive doesn’t tend to be top of the priority list. Aquis towels are much thinner, smoother and wash beautifully to leave you with a hair companion that will improve the condition of your hair for years to come; if you’re one to spend a fortune overcoming frizz or tackling damage, then investing in a perfectly designed hair towel could save you a fortune in the long-run. Get one. Now.

The Aquis hair towels are available online, priced from £30.00.

JOIN THE CONVERSATION ON TWITTER, INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK

1. Nazlıgül Çınaroğlu
    March 21, 2016 / 10:55 am

Hmm.. It's really strange but you might be right about it!Kisses,xxNazlıgül | on my own way

2. Cheryl Wooodman
    March 21, 2016 / 11:08 am

What a great idea! We have a load of microfiber clothes for wiping down the bathroom walls but I've never thought about switching them out for my hair towel! Makes so much sense. I also try never to 'wring' my hair out, have you ever done that? I used to ALLLL the time, curl it up real tight like you were about to 'bun' it, to squeeze out all that water. Then one day I thought OMG this is probably ripping my hair cuticles to shreds!!www.honestyforyourskin.co.uk

March 21, 2016 / 11:30 am

wow, who knew your towel influenced so much on your hair condition! Another eye opening post Hayley! :DPam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

4. Stephanie Hartley
    March 21, 2016 / 11:45 am

I had no idea how damaging towels could be! I always stray away from heat because of the damage it could do to my hair, so this was a massive shock for me! I'll definitely be investing in this soon!Steph – http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

5. Vesi T
    March 21, 2016 / 8:59 pm

oh, I never really thought about it. Very helpful <3blameitonbeauty.com

6. Andrew BeautyandTheBoy
    March 21, 2016 / 9:35 pm

As a hairdresser myself i half agree with you here because towel drying can really frizz up the hair causing your to basically push open the cuticle so when drying hair youre taught to pat and squeeze basically just dont rub i dont think i dont think i would spend £20 on a towel though http://www.beautyandtheboy.com

March 22, 2016 / 2:46 pm

That's a pretty normal price for a decent towel anyway! A £4.00 primark one isn't ideal for your hair…

7. Rebecca Wilkie
    March 22, 2016 / 11:11 am

I treat my hair terribly, doing everything people tell you not too. I'm surprised its still on my head! I really should invest in one of these.

8. Unknown
    March 28, 2016 / 12:28 pm

Hi, I just really wanted to know what is the eyeshadow palette you have in the picture above?Thank You