A Revelation For Touche Eclat Lovers: NEW YSL ‘Neutralizer’ Colour Correctors

Colour correction has long been the tool of professional makeup artists;
they rely on more than a heavyweight foundation and hard working
concealer to create the flawless looks you see walking the red carpet.
Our complexions aren’t made up of a singular
colour: dullness, dark circles, redness and sallow skin can be the
result of anything from a bad diet and irregular sleep pattern, to skin
conditions and adult acne. Counteracting those tones can help create a
much more even and ‘fluid’ complexion that creates the illusion of
health, ensuring you get much more out of your base products too. I feel like I’ve been recommending colour correcting products on and off for the
last couple of years, but many of the current formulas are heavy, waxy and difficult to
apply; the result is a lot of confusion and over-use, leaving
complexions looking somewhat heavy. However, YSL have just reignited my love affair with green, apricot and violet thanks to their new Touche Eclat ‘Neutralizer’ Colour Correctors – the most exciting thing to land on my desk this year bar none.

Lloyd Simmonds, Creative Director of Makeup at YSL Beauty says: “Colour correction is very much a pro trick, one which has been readily used in theatre since makeup began. It helps to create a three-dimensional effect on the skin, eliminating certain things and embracing others.” If you’re new to the concept then you need to select the shade that sits directly opposite the tone you seek to correct; this ensures balance and counteracts any tones you’d rather see the back of. Like the traditional highlighting Touche Eclat, these three pens provide a lightweight liquid that’s easy to apply and blends beautifully without caking. You need just a click or two for the whole face (depending on where your issues lay,) so there’s no chance of overloading if you just apply a click at a time. All three dry to leave a subtle colour result that’s matte and covering, without feeling heavy, but which of the three should you be reaching for?

No1 Abricot Bisque helps to infuse a sense of warmth to the complexion; apply it in the same places you’d apply a bronzer (cheekbones, centre of the forehead and underside of the jaw) for a little boost. Alternatively, No2 Vert Green is ideal for blanketing over areas of redness or blemishes, particularly around the cheeks, nose, chin and forehead; for a more natural and perfectly blended result, apply it before foundation rather than after. Finally, No3 Violet tricks the eye into making the complexion look brighter, so it’s perfectly designed to cancel our any sallow yellow tones under the eyes; add a little to the inner corners of eyes and under the brows to brighten and perfect – it’s great on days when you feel like you really needed that extra hour in bed.

Although these won’t be part of everyone’s daily routine, they do provide a fabulous (and rather beautiful) addition to any makeup collection; it’s good to know the support is there when you need it – plus on a superficial level, the slim pens don’t take up any additional room within your inevitably already jam-packed makeup storage. Most other colour correctors are chunky or come in huge palettes, but YSL have perfectly evolved their Touche Eclat line to create something I’m crazy for. They may be a little expensive, but with a brand like YSL you know it’s an investment you’ll benefit from in the weeks and months to come.

The three new YSL Touche Eclat ‘Neutralizer’ Colour Correctors are available now, priced £25.00 each.

JOIN THE CONVERSATION ON TWITTER, INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK

1. Vivian Yuen
    February 10, 2016 / 2:34 pm

Love the look of the YSL colour correction pens. Definitely going to look to get Vert GreenVivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE ~

February 10, 2016 / 3:00 pm

i wonder which one would be best for correcting under eye circles as id usually go for a yellow based concealer or something.Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

• Rachel And Becca
      February 10, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Think the one with purple packaging as it will brighten.www.glitterofrachelandbecca.blogspot.com

• mark ryan
      February 12, 2016 / 11:50 am

The Vert Green will counteract any dark/purple circles. As it's the opposite colour on the colour wheel it will counteract the blue/purple tones.

3. Emmys Beauty Cave
    February 10, 2016 / 3:10 pm

These look and sound lovely. I am loving correctors like these at the moment.Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

4. Hannah Williams
    February 10, 2016 / 5:24 pm

I love the sound of number 1, seems a little different to the other ones and ones you can already get. Great review xxBlog:: Hannah Rose

5. Rachel And Becca
    February 10, 2016 / 6:47 pm

Definitely need the purple one in my life next highend purchase probably.www.glitterofrachelandbecca.blogspot.com

6. Katie Rose
    February 10, 2016 / 7:48 pm

These look awesome, and actually useful too. I've tried a few colour correctors and, like you said, looked heavy and cakey, or didn't do anything at all. Definitely going to give these a whirl 🙂 xdelirarose.blogspot.co.uk

7. Becky Hines
    February 10, 2016 / 8:22 pm

These are absolutely gorgeous. I love color correctors and I don't think these would be any exception. I love the packaging, and the actual product looks like it would apply effortlessly! Lovely review!Becky, xx // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

8. Hannah
    February 10, 2016 / 11:46 pm

Wow these look so great! I'm always looking to cover up my areas of redness so no2 sounds especially great! xoohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

9. Susie
    February 11, 2016 / 4:49 am

Oh my! They are so pretty. I love the idea that they are easy to apply and blends beautifully without caking. I guess this is something worth checking out!

10. Jasmine Stewart
    February 11, 2016 / 9:45 pm

I think the apricot shade would be a great correcting shade under the eyes on my skin tone, will have to check it out! xx Jasmine Talks Beauty

11. La Coco Noire
    February 12, 2016 / 10:00 am

I do like the look of these. Just don't know if they'd make enough difference to be worthy of the price! Love the style though.xx lacoconoire.com

12. PeachPlz Beauty
    February 14, 2016 / 12:57 pm

ohhh how im waitting to get my hand on these, hopefully they'll arive soon in my country.

13. sampan_27
    February 15, 2016 / 10:39 am

I do want each one of them, but went for the green, as my cheeks are super rosey and need to calm the **** down with it. Hopefully this will be the wonder product I need! :)haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

14. Becky Smith
    February 18, 2016 / 12:08 am

I do like a good green corrector, although I haven't actually used one for a while now, but I do often find that they're a bit dry and when I have dry skin anyway it can make them a little difficult to use. I like the look of this but it is a little pricey, although I guess you only use a small amount each time x Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

15. The Velvet Runway
    February 18, 2016 / 1:01 am

These look fantastic, although I confess I'm already sold at the packaging! They look so beautiful :)http://www.thevelvetrunway.com