Light As Air & A Delicate Flush: NEW Fresh Sorbet Blush From The Body Shop

A flush of colour on the cheeks is a sign of youth and vitality, which is why a dusting of a pretty pink or fruity peach can make the world of difference to an otherwise dull complexion. Blusher can be somewhat intimidating if you don’t know how to use it, where to apply it or what the best shade is for you, which is why so many women are still passing over the power of these little pots in favour of something else. However, there are options available that provide just a slight tint – removing the scariness and ensuring the result is subtle. During the colder months a less bold colour spectrum is always more adviseable, as the starkness of our sun-starved complexions makes the difference between our base and blush even more vast. The Body Shop have created a product that meets that need perfectly, providing a subtle colour result in a workable formula that looks incredibly natural on the skin; their new Fresh Sorbet Blush is a dream in a little pot.

Available in four colours (the best one, a peachy coral, had run out by the time I picked these up!), these incredibly lightweight and innovative textures provide a delicate tint that simultaneously ‘stains’ the skin to ensure a long-lasting result. Although the colour looks intense on the skin in the swatches below, when they’re buffed into the surface the result is a radiant glow that looks like you’ve just stepped out of the cold. They work well over foundation, but equally look fabulous on naked skin that just needs a little boost; however, I would definitely recommend avoiding applying powder over the top as this knocks away the radiant effect.

I’m usually one for a rather more intense finish, but these are definitely converting me to put down the bright pink and opt for something altogether more natural. You can build up the pigment to the intensity you require, or just dab a little onto the apples of your cheeks for an understated glow. The dreamy texture is so hard to put down; this stuff is more addictive than PlayD’oh. If you’re after a new blush, or just want to understand what all the fuss is about, then these are well worth a cheeky purchase.

Are you a fan of blusher, or does the thought of applying it fill you with fear?

The new Body Shop Fresh Sorbet blushers are available now, priced £12.00 each.

1. Ashley Elizabeth
    October 27, 2015 / 3:02 pm

I've always been nervous with blushes, but these look absolutely delectable!Ashleyhttp://www.ashleyelizabethbeauty.com

October 27, 2015 / 3:57 pm

it really does! I dont think I could use something like this, I always tend to pick powder blushes!Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

3. Stephanie Hartley
    October 27, 2015 / 4:01 pm

Are you going to show us what they loo like on your skin properly blended at all? They look so dark – I'd be really nervous about using them on my pale skin!Steph – http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

October 28, 2015 / 9:38 am

The result is too subtle for photography. If I don't feature swatches or on skin it's because it doesn't add any value.

4. Tasha Rose
    October 27, 2015 / 5:15 pm

These sound and look amazing xhttp://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

5. Alice Gallagher
    October 27, 2015 / 5:31 pm

I love blushes and the name of these 'sorbet''s makes them sound good enough to eat – haha :PAlice – the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

6. Ciara Rose
    October 27, 2015 / 5:35 pm

I absolutely love blush, I don't leave the house without it on! My absolute favourites are the NARS ones although sometimes I do find the darker/berry tones a bit harder to pull off! I need to give these ones a go, they look like they'd be great for minimal make-up days to give a hint of colour! Fab post and thanks for sharing xxCiara Rose | AllureImpassionedGoddess

7. Nicola D
    October 27, 2015 / 6:43 pm

I never use blusher – the few times I have it's always managed to go ridiculously wrong! These look like such nice colours though.Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

8. zsuzsanna wrywood
    October 27, 2015 / 8:32 pm

The body store always seek to create new smells, new textures! and no exception here, they look lovely ^^Z ♥ http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

9. Amy Johnson
    October 27, 2015 / 8:47 pm

These look gorgeous, I'm always a little wary of liquid blush products and tend to stick to powders but I'm definitely going to have to give these a second glance. They do look like they'd be really lightweight on the skin. Blush always seems to go patchy on my cheeks no matter what I use – have you found this with these blushes?Amy | Get Glam

October 28, 2015 / 9:38 am

No not at all – if they're going patchy it's probably because of what you put them over. Try a primer and a foundation that's lighter to 'mix' effectively.

10. Samantha Brooks
    October 27, 2015 / 10:59 pm

These look like a lovely alternative to powder blush – I love The Body Shop but have never actually tried any of their make-up, I may have to treat myself to one or two of these 🙂 xSmall&Blonde♥

11. Penny
    October 28, 2015 / 8:34 am

They look lovely and such pretty colours. I like that you can start very subtle and build the colour so no, not scary for me.

12. C Leiper
    October 28, 2015 / 5:28 pm

They look cute and that's great that they leave a slight stain, as I often find that blusher fades fast on me even with primer.

13. Sophie Daisy
    October 29, 2015 / 8:09 am

These kind of look like the By Terry cellular rose blushes! Have you ever tried one?😍Www.makeupbysophieblog.blogspot.co.uk

October 29, 2015 / 10:16 am

How thoroughly did you test these? British beauty blogger slammed them in a review today for being hard to blend and shifting foundation. It's a shame if you just swiped some on your hand and said they're great.

October 30, 2015 / 8:52 am

There's an 18 year age gap between Jane and I, so our skin needs completely different products and will react in a completely different way – and more often than not she hates the products I love. Please don't compare our opinions of things and use that as a way of assuming I don't bother to test things before they're featured.

15. Becky Smith
    November 3, 2015 / 6:51 pm

I love the look of these. Despite being a big fan of The Body Shop's skincare I haven't touched on any of their makeup yet. I think these might have to be the first product I try x Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

16. Curves'nCurls
    November 4, 2015 / 3:23 am

I just love the idea of these. However, I know me. I am going to want to lick it. Will just have to take the chance…www.curvesncurl.co.uk

17. Reena
    November 5, 2015 / 3:48 pm

these look amazing and I love the creamy aspect to sooth my dry skin for the winter. Are they long wearing by any chance?