BENEFIT’S NEW AIR PATROL BB CREAM EYELID PRIMER (A GREAT ADDITION TO ANY 30+ REGIME)

For some reason Benefit’s new Air Patrol BB Lid Primer hasn’t been a big launch in the UK; it’s trickled out to stores with not much buzz or focus from the brand, which is disappointing considering it’s actually really rather good. Yes, eyelid primers are nothing really new (we’ve had Urban Decay’s original Primer Potion for the best part of a decade,) but this little tube taps into the trend of defending against environmental stresses – as well as being a perfect product for those of us starting to see the signs of ageing around the eyes. This lightweight formula dries to leave a natural matte finish that doesn’t interfere with the performance or result of makeup, but does help guard your delicate eyelids against sun, smoke and pollutants.

One of the earliest signs of ageing appears around the eyes, with
lids becoming discoloured and slightly less perky. Benefit’s Air Patrol
BB Cream Eyelid Primer helps to create a uniform texture and colour on
the lid, thanks to its soothing and lightweight texture, as well as
extending the wear of eyeshadow for long-lasting colour that won’t
crease, fade or smear. Just like with other primers and bases, the
texture smoothes and fills in fine lines while giving makeup something
to ‘grip’ to; it helps eyeshadow to ‘pop’ a little more and last a
little longer, while offering broad-spectrum SPF 20 to help against
further environmental damage. (We all know the sun is our biggest
adversary when it comes to fighting the signs of ageing, but our eyes
are often the area that is forgotten more than most.)

The somewhat comical pack takes away from a rather serious and hardworking product; yes, it’s marketed at their usual customer (in her 20’s who likes to have fun with her makeup,) but they’ve inadvertedly created something that appeals to a whole new consumer base. This is something I would definitely use on pretty much a daily basis, but it’s something I would recommend for my mum too; we all want our eyes to look fresh and sparkly for as long as possible, and this definitely provides a helping hand in that department. The only downside is that there’s only one skintone/shade available, when this actually could be colour matched like a foundation; not all women want to apply tonnes of colour to the eye, and Air Patrol could still offer a daily boost on makeup free days. It’s well worth a purchase if you’re concerned about your eye area, or just want your eyeshadow to stay perfect for longer.

Are you intrigued by this launch? Do you already use an eye primer, or is it something you’d consider investing in as you get older? I’d love to know your thoughts.

Benefit’s NEW Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer is available now, priced £21.50.

October 8, 2015 / 11:27 am

I've heard about it and whilst my eye primer stock is pretty huge at the moment, I'm sticking to my all time favourite, UD. Maybe once that finishes I should try this..Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥ v

2. Sara Fleming
    October 8, 2015 / 11:37 am

This sounds incredible for any age!Sara – She Who Is Short

3. Keen On Beauty
    October 8, 2015 / 11:47 am

Such a pity that feelunique has restrictions and does not ship anything by "Benefit" to my country (Malta), otherwise I would gladly try quite some of their products, including this primer. Let's Talk Primers // http://www.keenonbeauty.com

4. Heather Nixon
    October 8, 2015 / 12:03 pm

I definitely want to try this primer xHeather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

5. Lauren Powers
    October 8, 2015 / 12:10 pm

I have never heard of this primer before but it sounds great. I don't use an eye primer but I feel I need to as I have such dark bags around my eyes at the momentLauren x | http://www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

6. Mary Tohill
    October 8, 2015 / 3:54 pm

Sounds perfect for me and I'm only 28. I don't have too many signs of aging but noticed my eyelids becoming darker around 25 and thought it was just me! Doesn't help that I've deep set eyes too as my whole lid area can look very dark without applying eye primer and a light eyeshadow colour!

7. VioletDaffodils
    October 8, 2015 / 7:21 pm

What a gorgeous array of products here :)VioletDaffodilsxx

8. A Little Dose of Makeup
    October 8, 2015 / 11:54 pm

Everyone is saying amazing things about this, I have to go out and try it for myself! A Little Dose of Makeup

9. Secret Style File
    October 9, 2015 / 8:58 am

I always use an eye primer and Benefit's Stay Don't Stray is a favourite of mine. I have seen this on Instagram and in stores and was intrigued as like you say there hasn't been much hype around it so thanks for doing this handy post xx

10. Victoria - Florence and Mary
    October 9, 2015 / 10:23 am

I have a sample of this which I must try. I always worry my eyelids are starting to look wrinkly!Victoria xFlorenceandMary.com

11. C Leiper
    October 9, 2015 / 2:18 pm

I already use theBalm's Put a Lid on it eye primer, it's very good at keeping eyeshadow on my very oily lids. I don't really get on with very many of Benefit's products unfortunately, they often cause me to break out whereas theBalm suits it better.

12. Ash Bam
    October 10, 2015 / 4:40 pm

This sounds really great and luckily I just received a sample, I can't wait to try it!www.ashbam.com

13. Becky Smith
    October 16, 2015 / 8:46 pm

I don't currently use an eye primer and am not a big eyeshadow user but I am on the lookout for a product like this or similar that could help even out the tone on my eyelids. They do tend to look a little dull and I have visible little red blood vessels just above my lashes x Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty