CONCEALER CORRECTING PALETTES: THE NEW MUST-HAVE MAKEUP STAPLE?

Whether you’re fighting blemishes or covering dark circles, concealers really are a true beauty hero. I think most of us would agree that concealer is a big player in our makeup bags, as it helps to hide all manner of skin imperfections. But what about correctors? Concealer correctors really are having a ‘moment’ in the beauty world; over the past few years more and more brands are launching their concealer corrector palettes to combat a multitude of skin perfections. From the higher ended Bobbi Brown and MAC offerings, to the more affordable Makeup Revolution (£6.00) number below, everyone is getting in on the act. So what is a concealer corrector palette and why do you need one in your life?

Put simply, a colour corrector is used to correct skin imperfections and balance out any unsightly skin discolouration – ensuring the rest of your makeup is working even harder for you. They’re best applied before foundation (although you can use them over too,) and you just pick the shade you need based on the issue you have. Essentially you should use whatever colour is opposite to the skin issue, as this will cancel it out. Here’s a quick guide on the colours you need for different skin imperfections:

Pink – use this to brighten your eye area
Lavender – this works to neutralise any yellow tone
Green – this neutralises any redness in your skin
Peach – this helps to balance out any dis-coloration in the skin
White – this adds a natural highlight to your skin and adds brightness
Cream – use this to neutralise any purple or dark areas in your skin
Brown – this balances any ashiness in medium to dark skin tones

Since I’ve been using my concealer corrector palette, I’ve found that I’m relying less and less on concealer after I’ve applied my foundation. Unless of course I’m looking exceptionally tired! All in all though, it’s completely changed the way I look at concealer. Having spent years either wearing concealer that was either too thick (so highlighting my issues,) or too thin (making me wonder why I’d bothered applying it at all,) I feel like I’ve finally cracked the secret to flawless looking concealer. These clever little pots of colour ‘correct imperfections’, allowing your concealer to focus on creating a universal tone or covering pimples; after all, one tone certainly doesn’t fit all.

Have you ever tried a concealer corrector palette? Are you tempted to give it a go?

Guest Post; Written by Stephanie from merrymusing.co.uk

September 29, 2015 / 10:15 am

I've got one of these and whilst I like all of the shades, I feel like they are sometimes a bit too oily and not with great coverage. I'd rather rely on a good concealer to get the job done.Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

2. Emmys Beauty Cave
    September 29, 2015 / 10:40 am

I have the new contour palette by them but now i need this palette too! xEmma | Emmys Beauty Cave

3. Helena-Sy
    September 29, 2015 / 11:11 am

This one sounds amazing, I hope I can find some in area I live in, loved this <3

4. Yujung Kim
    September 29, 2015 / 11:25 am

I really want to try the lavender tone one!! That looks so prettyhttp://yumiandyuji.blogspot.com/

5. Zoe Mountford
    September 29, 2015 / 12:09 pm

This looks like it would be really helpful, Its nice that there are all the different shades in one place x Zoe Mountford x

6. Sara Fleming
    September 29, 2015 / 12:54 pm

This sounds so clever!Sara – She Who Is Short

7. My Beauty Dreams
    September 29, 2015 / 1:20 pm

I really want to try a corrector out! I would look for a smaller palette though; all I really want to correct is my acne/redness and dark circles! Haha, this looks like an amazing product though xxmybeautydreamss.blogspot.com

8. alicekatex
    September 29, 2015 / 3:38 pm

I am tempted to give one a go! xLove Alice (alicekatex) xx

9. Abigail Alice
    September 29, 2015 / 6:16 pm

Love this guest post! I really want to try a concealing palette to see if they're for me.http://www.abigailalicex.com

10. Samantha Brooks
    September 29, 2015 / 8:56 pm

This looks like the perfect product after a few late nights! I think I'll definitely be adding this to my make-up collection. xSmall&Blonde ♥

11. Tiffany Legg
    September 30, 2015 / 6:06 am

I'd really love one of these palettes. What brand would you recommend? Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

12. Kate Meagh - Make Up Enthusiast
    October 1, 2015 / 5:59 pm

I swear by my colour correction pallette! Though I apply pink over my foundation, as I find it also acts as a highlighter as well. An absolute must have!

13. Honeypot Blogs
    October 4, 2015 / 8:47 am

Before reading this post I definitely thought these colour correcter palettes were over hyped! However I'm so glad you have written a post like this because now I understand what they're all about!!xxHoneypot Blogs

14. Becky Smith
    October 6, 2015 / 3:22 pm

I definitely need to give one of these a try. I have one really bad dark circle under my right eye (I think this is the result of the eye being damaged by illness many years ago) and it's almost impossible to cover, even with things like the NARS Radiant creamy concealer. I think the issue is that I need to try and correct the darkness before I then attempt to conceal it x Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

15. Heather Nixon
    October 12, 2015 / 3:35 pm

I use the green shade the most and I've been using it recently as face paint for my halloween looks and it works so well! xHeather | Of Beauty & Nothingness