Introducing ‘Bagsy’ Makeup: Now Handbag-Sized Beauty Is Apparently A Whole New Thing!

For years I’ve struggled editing down my makeup into a clutch-sized quantity; whether it’s for a night out or long day in meetings, you just know you’re going to need a top-up at some point and at least three different lip options to tide you over. With the beauty industry bursting at the seams already, it appears we need to invent a whole new category to keep us beauty addicts interested and cooing over the latest innovations – and bitesized beauty is it! Bagsy is a beautifully designed collection of “easy-to-choose, easy-to-use everyday beauty essentials that are designed to fit inside your handbag.” They’re mostly multi-functional to ensure no inch of sacred space is wasted, while they’re crafted to perfection – both in formula and pack. From the tinted lipbalm and super compact bronzing powder, to the hand cream and cheek tints, there’s a product for every top-up need while ensuring your makeup collection is still totally lustworthy.

Although this is totally a gimmick, it’s a genius idea that essentially helps sell ice to the penguins – what woman could resist mini products that smell, look and feel delightfully delicious? The collection includes ‘an edit of the best of every beauty bag’ and has been crafted
with exquisite attention to detail; the universal tones ensure there’s something to suit every woman, while the compact packs mean you can take them out in even the tiniest of impractical bags. The Lip Velvet is not unlike Urban Decay’s Revolution High Impact Colour lipglosses, while the mini Wow Lips are just Clinique’s Chubby Stick’s reincarnated. I adore this cute bronzer not only for the best quote ever, but because the shade is unusually light and perfect for topping up – partnered with the super slim pack that’s at least half the size of my other bronzing compacts.

With prices starting at £5.00 for a mini dry shampoo, £12.00 for a lip product and up to £18.00 for the bronzer, these aren’t as cheap as I would have liked and definitely work out as a treat rather than a must-have. There’s nothing revolutionary about the products, formula or result – Bagsy have just identified a niche that nobody else is really focusing upon and are hoping that’s enough to flog some pretty things to women that really don’t need any more makeup. However, their packaging and the ‘cute factor’ is enough to make this a brand perfect for gifts and payday treats; these would be brilliant as stocking fillers (seeing as we’re already talking about Christmas!) but I wouldn’t rush out to by anything just yet. Here’s hoping that later on in 2015 they’ll release some true innovations and formulas that really do push the boundaries of makeup-on-the-go, rather than just re-packaging what’s already out there.

What do you think of this new ‘handbag friendly’ beauty brand?

The Bagsy collection is available exclusively via Feel Unique, with prices starting at £5.00. Find more about Bagsy the brand on their website

July 6, 2015 / 6:42 pm

Cool idea for products! Niche, but one that needed to be filled!Just a heads up though, the term 'Eskimo' is actually now considered an offensive term, you might want to choose analogy 🙂

July 6, 2015 / 7:27 pm

Really?! Excuse my ignorance, but isn't that their communal name? I had no idea it was offensive, so thanks for pointing it out.

July 6, 2015 / 8:13 pm

I don't think this is widely known in the UK, but I've changed it. Thank you for letting me know!

2. Loevens
    July 6, 2015 / 7:10 pm

When I first saw these, I was super excited. I have a hard time using up products, so bite sized beauty products is definately my jam. But the Price should be lower in my opinion. There is no point in spending just as much and getting less. Just my opinion. The products do look nice though.Loevens makeup rambles

July 6, 2015 / 7:31 pm

Yeah I agree – I was surprised at the price points; would be better if everything was under a tenner. Seems you're paying for the cute factor.

3. Joy Ejaria
    July 6, 2015 / 8:45 pm

Reminds me of the mini skins are products

July 8, 2015 / 9:11 am

Never heard of them to be honest..!

4. Annabel B
    July 6, 2015 / 10:02 pm

Shame the price points are that bit higher, if they were a bit lower I'd be more tempted, especially by the bronzer!Annabel ♥Mascara & Maltesers

5. Holly R
    July 7, 2015 / 1:23 am

This is such a great idea for products! Nothing sucks more than having a little purse and not being able to fit your lip product in because it's too long. I do agree with Loevens though, the price is too high for a smaller product. If it was a little cheaper then i'd be more likely to make a purchase x

6. Charlëy
    July 7, 2015 / 7:06 am

I love the Bagsey bronzer it's so cute with the little quote

7. Trusha R
    July 7, 2015 / 8:27 am

It's true I cannot resist small handbag sized versions of anything. The price points aren't handbag sized though 😕x

July 8, 2015 / 9:12 am

No they're definitely not – but it costs the same amount to make minis and big products (that's the only justification I have!

8. The Style Page
    July 7, 2015 / 1:27 pm

Here in the US we have a brand Stowaway Cosmetics that attempts to do the same thing. As with Bagsy, its price points are too high for what you get.

July 8, 2015 / 9:12 am

I think they'd be much more successful if they were more affordable – like the Mini Bourjois of times gone by.

9. gio
    July 7, 2015 / 4:50 pm

I love the concept, and all the products look so pretty! But I wish the prices reflected the size and be cheaper.

10. Jo
    July 7, 2015 / 8:17 pm

I think the idea is great, but the price is definitely unreasonable! Especially for things like lip products which don't take up that much room when they're full sized!

11. Jessica Grimes
    July 9, 2015 / 6:14 pm

They are quite cute, but I wouldn't really want to pay that amount for them. It's a good idea, but I think it's definitely going to be more attractive to people that just want something cutesy and have the cash to burn rather than the majority of people just looking for something practical. From the photos, as well, they really don't look that much smaller than usual products, though I can't really judge without seeing them myself. (: Jessica Grimes | poppingpout.co.uk

12. Katina Lindaa
    July 11, 2015 / 5:01 pm

Super clever idea! Think it'll be a bit of a waste for lip products though. Can definitely understand for larger bits of make up :)Katina | http://www.katinalindaa.com

13. Cara
    May 4, 2016 / 9:04 am

I've got their wonderwand… and even though it won an award, at first I liked it, but now its just a smudgy mess I just have to keep cleaning the top of the product. ALSO there's no colour attached to the product, which means it alienates a lot of skin tones. The packaging is pretty, but last time I checked, all my makeup was already handbag sized… unless you've got a teeny tiny bag! I carry around a huge sack so I can pretty much get the kitchen sink in there if required. X