Introducing The 30-Something Blog Collective: Celebrating A Different Perspective

The bloggersphere provides a huge amount of diversity: that’s the beauty of it. Although there are thousands of passionate, well-informed, intelligent women (and men) out there, it’s time to celebrate those of us that don’t fit the traditional model that’s so prevalent in the wider media. We’re not all 23 year olds with flawless skin, size ten Topshop jeans and ombre hair dos – although they obviously are to be as celebrated as those of us that are the complete opposite! After writing a post about the importance of 30+ representation both in the media and in our online/digital world, I was astounded at the positive response from readers and fellow bloggers alike; beauty is definitely not the monopoly of the young. It seems there are actually a huge number of bloggers out there above the age of thirty that are doing a sterling job and need to be applauded for that… So I set about collating them all in order to launch a new and exciting project.

After a lot of hard work and spreadsheet fiddling, I’ve collated over 100 amazing 30+ blogs in one place. (UPDATE: Now over 200 since I launched this!) They cover the realms of beauty, fashion, lifestyle, food, parenting, tech and travel, illustrating that there’s no bounds to the talents and passions of women ‘over a certain age’ today. I’ve discovered a huge number of ‘must follow’ sites and have spent hours reading some amazing articles – so I hope you’ll do the same. Not only did I want to showcase the immense talent out there, but to illustrate there’s a need for a different perspective; beauty, in particular, is relevant at every age. As I wrote in my original post: “If
anything it becomes even more important as we get older, as we rely on
products to keep us looking our best; it’s not even about keeping those
signs of ageing at bay, but embracing a new life stage and understanding
the needs of our bodies as a result. At 32 I’m already aware of my face
changing and the products within my repertoire have been edited
accordingly; I’m far more interested in skincare products and makeup
staples that will help me look fabulous all year round.”

Today I am officially launching the 30+ Blog Collective: a new group of professional, dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable bloggers with a specific interest in beauty, health and well-being.  A slightly older demographic than other collectives, together we will provide a different perspective and opportunity for readers to discuss relevant issues, products and information with us. Below is the list as it stands, but this is only the beginning… I have huge plans for this collective, including regular newsletters, meet-ups, networking events, brand collaborations and so much more. It seems there’s a real gap for a group of women over the age of 30 (or thereabouts – some are not too shy of the big 3-0, and this is about being inclusive not exclusive!) Of course anyone who wants to be involved, whatever their age, can be – all you have to do is leave your details here and I’ll update the list regularly.

I will be investigating how to best host this list over the coming weeks, but for now there will be a dedicated page on the blog (see it here) and the hashtag #30plusblogs so you can follow the conversation and ensure you’re keeping up to date with all the great content out there from women with similar interests. I’ll be launching a Twitter chat in the coming weeks too, and hope to be able to champion this awesome category in the way it deserves to be done.

I hope you’re join me on this journey and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us…

(NB, if you’d like to view the full list of blogs please click here
I’ve migrated them all from a table into a google doc as there are simply too many to manage now!)

If you’d like to be included in the 30+ Blog Collective database and receive news and opportunities over the coming months, please fill in my quick questionnaire with a few details about you, your blog and your interests. I promise it will take two minutes!

Share:

1. Kerry Cooks
    July 8, 2015 / 3:46 pm

Thanks for including me and hello fellow collective friends! I'm looking forward to getting to know all your blogs!

2. Nic StrawberryBlonde
    July 8, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Thanks for doing this Hayley – and for including me. I'm off to check out the other blogs now…Nic xStrawberryBlondeBeauty

3. I Heart Beauty
    July 8, 2015 / 5:29 pm

Hi Hayley, This is brilliant and it must have taken you ages. Please can you add me too? I'm 45 and cover beauty and lifestyle. Really looking forward to the dinner of 4th August. Alex xxhttp://www.iheartbeauty.net/

• I Heart Beauty
      July 8, 2015 / 6:42 pm

Sorry, just seen you've very kindly and smartly provided a form to fill out – I'm doing it now 🙂 Alex xx

4. Natalia
    July 8, 2015 / 5:31 pm

Thank you for putting this together! Very excited to be a part of the collective! 🙂

5. María Monedero
    July 8, 2015 / 5:46 pm

Would it be fine if I fill the form being a spanish-writing blogger?

6. Tina Johnsson
    July 8, 2015 / 5:54 pm

You are awesome! Thank you for including me, now I have so many new blogs to discover! This project is much needed!

7. Hazel Strand
    July 8, 2015 / 5:55 pm

Lovely to be included in your collective! Looking forward to hearing more. Well done!

8. The Bookish Reader
    July 8, 2015 / 6:05 pm

Wow that's a lot of blogs. I will happily make my way through them with a cup of tea. Thanks for doing this.

9. Laura
    July 8, 2015 / 6:33 pm

Love your initiative, actually after reading your previous post I thought myself about something like this, but I am so new to the blogosphere, my efforts wouldn't have been well promoted. Hats off, lady, and for me off now to blog checking and form filling 🙂

10. Alison
    July 8, 2015 / 7:34 pm

Thanks for including me. Looking forward to finding out more and discovering more new blogs. A great idea and nice to know I am not alone

11. Michael
    July 8, 2015 / 7:36 pm

No 30+ guy bloggers?! 😛 Nice list, It's good to see so many 30+ bloggers out there :)Michael

12. Victoria - Florence and Mary
    July 8, 2015 / 8:28 pm

Thanks for adding me to this list. Great to see so many of us 30+ bloggers all together. Look forward to seeing what's coming up.Victoria FlorenceandMary.com

13. Dagmara K
    July 8, 2015 / 8:48 pm

Thank you for doing this Hayley! I'm off to check these all awesome ladies 🙂 xMummy’s Beauty Corner

14. Beauty Bloss
    July 8, 2015 / 11:31 pm

This is awesome! I have submitted my own details, I have only been blogging for a few months but I love it and have been reading blogs since the old days of live journal. Haha, does that show how old I am? Now I'm off to check out all these other blogs. The Beauty Bloss

15. Face Up Beauty
    July 9, 2015 / 8:14 am

Grest idea Hayley! Thumbs up to the 30 pluses!! Tx

July 9, 2015 / 6:05 pm

Excellent idea, I'll definitely be signing up to this. Whilst a lot of the younger blogs are still relevant a lot of the time you're right, as you get older priorities and preferences shift, plus it's just a nice way to get to know some fellow bloggers which can be difficult.

17. Stephanie Canham
    July 9, 2015 / 8:06 pm

What a great idea Hayley, I've completed my questionnaire! I love finding 30+, 40+ bloggers so am excited to check out the ones listed above and make some new friends. A celebration. A new phase. A new perspective and I want to come along for the ride! Well done xx Stephwww.pricelesslifeofmine.com

18. Elizabeth @ Rosalilium
    July 9, 2015 / 8:50 pm

Yey for the grey-haired crew! Excited to see where this goes. As you know this is something I'm totally up for embracing at the moment.

July 10, 2015 / 10:44 am

Fantastic – sooooooo much stuff to read now and hopefully more relevant – thank you so so so much.

20. Carrie Richmond
    July 10, 2015 / 12:31 pm

Thank you for this and for letting me be a part of it.. I will be checking out all these amazing blogs over the coming days/week! There are a lot to get through. Carrie http://www.cazmosworld.com/

21. Anca
    July 10, 2015 / 3:37 pm

I saved the post so I can have a proper look at the blogs. It's a great idea xx

22. Tracy
    July 12, 2015 / 8:45 pm

Finally!!! I am so happy to have come across this. Finding others in my age bracket is definitely hard. This is a great resource! Bravo!

23. Margot Tries the Good Life
    July 13, 2015 / 5:25 pm

What a great idea! Hope I make it onto the list now – in the meantime, I'm off to read the others!

24. Adventures of a Novice Mum
    July 13, 2015 / 11:41 pm

Lovely idea; all the very best with this project. I've off to fill in the form now. I wonder how you added the table to your blog. #Twitter

25. Christine Dodd
    July 14, 2015 / 9:47 am

Looking forward to having a good nose around these blogs – thank you!

26. Wendy England
    July 14, 2015 / 2:18 pm

This is such a good idea babes! I've just sent you my details and I'm super excited about where this might be heading. The meet ups would be amazing but where would they be held? I doubt I'd be able to travel too far until my blog is more established.Looking forward to the Twitter chats for sure :Dwww.bumpkinbroke.comWendy Xx

27. Beauty Bloss
    July 15, 2015 / 1:08 pm

Thanks for including me! This list grows and grows, I can't wait to check all these blogs out. I'm leaving this page open on my iPad so I can read a few a day xxThe Beauty Bloss

28. The Bargainista
    July 17, 2015 / 11:04 am

Thank you for including me also – this must have taken a huge amount of time and effort. I am so excited to be involved and can't wait to see how it grows in the future.

July 18, 2015 / 3:38 am

Thank you, Hayley, for this platform to showcase how life doesn't end when we turn a year older 🙂 I've been running two series showcasing how, age notwithstanding, women across all genres can and are having fun with fashion, for a bit now (Project Sister Act and The Fab 40s), and this initiative you've started will allow me to continue doing so as I get to know more women in various age groups. Appreciatively, Sheela

30. Glam O'Clock
    July 21, 2015 / 8:26 am

Thank you Hayley! I am so glad / excited to be part of the 30+ blog collective! I applaud the initiative and can't wait to join the fun and connect with more amazing 30+ bloggers! We are so many out there! xxAlexandra | Glam O’Clock

31. Rebecca McMahon
    July 22, 2015 / 10:43 am

I love this! It's so amazingly relevant yet overlooked.

32. Abracadabra Girl
    August 4, 2015 / 2:15 pm

What a great idea I've just filled out the form now. k x