My New (Rather Unexpected) Summer Fragrance: Calvin Klein Eternity Summer

Every summer season I get a bit excited about changing up my fragrance wardrobe, but often the same names pop up and re-launch a seasonal favourite that’s hard to resist. Marc Jacobs, DKNY, Jo Malone… All brands that launch refreshing alternatives and help us transition into the warmer months with comforting predictability. However, it’s nice to branch out a little and embrace something unexpected; I haven’t worn a Calvin Klein scent since the late 90’s, but when this bottle landed on my desk I was intrigued enough to spritz a little on my pulse points. The understated bottle hides a scent that’s described as the embodiment of ‘losing yourself in the beauty of the horizon where the expansive and endless sea flows into the colorful summer sky,’ making it the perfect accompaniment to long summer days.

The fragrance begins with the freshness of green pear, brightened with a
splash of dewy watermelon and juicy mandarin; the heart blossoms with
lush peony petals, sweet blue hyacinth and vibrant water lily, then
dries down to the seductive warmth of creamy sandalwood, soft white
amber, and sensual musk. It’s a much lighter floral than you would
expect, containing the juicy tropical notes that I associate with summer. The light and watery floral base is perfectly accompanied by the richer and more sensual heart notes, ensuring it takes you from day to night with ease. If you don’t like your summer scents too fruity, or musky deep fragrances aren’t your thing, then this is a great perfume that ticks all the boxes while remaining universally appealing; it’s really lightweight and perfect for spritzing throughout the day, helping to instantly refresh the senses. Who would’ve thought that Calvin Klein could hook me back in with something elegant and on-trend, just in time for summer?

The Calvin Klein Eternity Summer fragrance is available from Boots, priced £29.99.

1. Courtney Williamson
    May 21, 2015 / 10:09 am

Wow that sounds perfect for summer and I'm actually surprised at how cheap it is :)–prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

May 24, 2015 / 6:14 pm

You get a lot of product for the money!

2. Holly Olivia
    May 21, 2015 / 7:53 pm

This sounds amazing! I've never tried a Calvin Klein perfume before but I like buying a new perfume before every holiday so I can spray it when I get home and it will remind me of it! This one is definitely top of my list for this year!littlelove12.blogspot.co.uk

May 24, 2015 / 6:15 pm

It's definitely 'holiday in a bottle'! And you can build it up/spritz throughout the day without choking on scent!

May 21, 2015 / 8:42 pm

I absolutely love this perfume. Definitely goes to my favourites list this month.

4. Annabel B
    May 21, 2015 / 10:13 pm

This sounds quite nice actually, I'm not overly fussed on fruit scents!Annabel ‚ô•Mascara & Maltesers

5. Kiss & Make-up
    May 22, 2015 / 9:58 am

Sounds lovely! I've only owned one CK fragrance in my life and that was Euphoria.

May 24, 2015 / 6:16 pm

I used to LOVE that scent! It defined my early 20's and to this day reminds me of nights out on the town drinking brightly coloured drinks.

6. Katherine L
    May 22, 2015 / 2:38 pm

I always love being surprised with new, exciting fragrances. I've been loving the DKNY MYNY, and the Lancome La Vie Est Belle. So springy smelling! Katherine || The Green Bows

May 24, 2015 / 6:16 pm

DKNY MYNY is surprisingly good too – I haven't worn it in a while, but you've just reminded me!

7. Veebz Boo
    May 22, 2015 / 5:06 pm

I love fruity scented perfumes, so this definitely sounds like something I would love! I will have to go and try it out the next time I'm out shopping. – http://www.veebzboo.com

8. Emma Nixon
    May 22, 2015 / 6:47 pm

I love the Calvin Klein summer range. Always buy the ckone summer. It's a light refreshing scent.

9. Frankly Flawless -
    May 24, 2015 / 10:30 am

As much as I love perfumes I've never tried any Calvin Klein ones – a test is in order!franklyflawless.com

10. Sally Akins
    May 29, 2015 / 10:25 am

I've always had a soft spot for Eternity, because it was the fragrance I used to wear day in day out when I was in sixth form. I was thinking just the other day that I might buy a bottle for nostalgia's sake, but I might take a look at this one instead…