The Tangle Cherub: An Ultra-Hygenic Detangling Brush To Rival The Tangle Teezer

They may have started off as a mum’s best friend, helping to detangle unruly hair without the pain and suffering I experienced as a kid, but detangling brushes have become a firm favourites amongst grown ups too. I rely on them pretty much every day to help rid my barnet of knots and tangles that are caused by my hair extensions, as they’re the only thing that seems to get through without removing chunks of hair and making me wince. However, I’m always dropping them on the floor as I approach a stubborn knot or niggle because they don’t feature handles – the simplest of things, but it does make a difference. This genius incarnation includes all the style and qualities we know and love so well, but takes the detangling brush one step further – by giving it a handle, an innovative design, anti-bacterial qualities and ensuring it’s heat resistant so you can use it for styling. Tangle Angels are definitely going to be the next big thing.

The differing bristle lengths ensure you comb through hair effortlessly and remove any stubborn knots with ease, while the large surface area makes it perfect for even the longest of hair. It glides through my extensions and really helps me to blowdry effectively, thanks to the grip and added benefit of a handle to ensure I can move hair around in the way I need. It’s such a simple idea, but really very effective. The design seems to be very much ‘love it or hate it’ (Jane from British Beauty Blogger called it a ‘death brush’ when I pulled it out of my bag!) but it’s available in a multitude of colours and designs – muted tones are available if you like your tools a little more subtle than this bold black and pink number.

Not only does it feature anti-bacterial bristles to ensure your hair is clean and healthy, removing any bacteria that could be transfered onto the surface of hair through touching, but it doesn’t melt when you use it in conjunction with a hairdryer. My beloved Wet Brush (and previous favourite) absolutely wilted after a few styling alongside my dryer, leaving it completely unusable – however, these have been designed to be used in salon so they definitely stand up against the heat as required. (My stylist when I popped into Richard Ward used this and I feel in love with it instantly! If he uses it multiple times a day with exceptional heat, you know it’s going to stand up at home.) This simple design and affordable tool is currently making my life so much easier. Sorry Tangle Teezer, you’re on the backburner for now….

Are you a fan of detangling brushes? Would you give the Tangle Angel a go?

The Tangle Angel is available online, as well as via Richard Ward’s Chelsea salon, priced £13.95.

1. Tracy K Nixon
    April 25, 2015 / 9:43 am

I have a pink Tangle Angel and love it! I love the shape and it is great for brushing through my long hair!

April 25, 2015 / 11:07 am

It looks like a kinky paddle!

3. Madeleine S-B
    April 25, 2015 / 11:19 am

I love detangling brushes! I use a different one with a handle, but when it comes to replacing it I think I'll give this one a go (: xwww.madeleineslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

4. Kiss & Make-up
    April 25, 2015 / 11:31 am

I have the original Tangle Teezer but I like that this one has a handle.

5. Tia Katarina
    April 25, 2015 / 1:02 pm

I got a free mini keyring one of these with a larger order on BeautyBay and Im in love! So useful when I'm going out and my hair needs a bit of attention but I'll probably be purchasing the full size version for when i get out the shower and my hair is tangly mess!Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

6. Alisha A
    April 25, 2015 / 6:21 pm

I love how this on has a handle and love the shape Alisha xxhttp://alishaxa.blogspot.co.uk

7. Sophie L Farrell
    April 25, 2015 / 7:52 pm

This is adorable. I love the handle, I'd love to give styling my hair ago with one of thesesophielfarrell.

8. Emyii Rankin
    April 25, 2015 / 9:50 pm

Oooo i defo would love to try this, the tangle teezer is awkward to hold but i love the look of this one =]emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

9. Georgie Lowen
    April 26, 2015 / 8:29 am

I love my Tangle Teaser – but this is so pretty. Might just have to ditch my Tangle Teaser.GeorgiexoxoTheLipstickDaily

April 26, 2015 / 10:45 am

I won a pale pink one in a competition and I love it! I also won a round brush called the Shine Angel and it is the best brush I've ever owned!

11. Sal Johnson
    April 26, 2015 / 1:38 pm

I'll try it… I LOVE my tangle teezer!

12. Lucija
    April 26, 2015 / 2:53 pm

This brush is sooo pretty! I just found your blog and it's amazing and quite helpful! I just started ma own beauty blog and today i posted my first post, so you're welcome to check it out 🙂 Love, Lucijahttp://longlashesandcatscratches.blogspot.com/2015/04/intro.html

13. Kirsty
    April 27, 2015 / 12:24 pm

I'd seen these in photos but never actually read a review of one, it's good to know that they're just as great to use as they are great to look at! The reason I've always stuck with a paddle brush and not bought a Tangle Teezer type brush is because they don't have handles (who came up with that idea?) but once I need a change from my current Remington brush I'll definitely be looking into a Tangle Cherub x

14. Honeypot Blogs
    April 28, 2015 / 3:31 pm

I've seen loads of hype about the Tangle Teezers, but I've yet to purchase one yet. However, I'm kinda noticing how much strain I'm actually putting on my hair just running a standard brush through it lately. I really like the look of the Tangle Angel brush, this post has got me seriously considering a purchase and the price isn't too bad either! Great post, as always!xxHoneypot Blogs

15. Cojo Graab
    April 30, 2015 / 8:57 am

It looks much better than Tangle Teezer! I definitely have to try this one. It's also much bigger, and this is what I love in hair brushes:)http://www.cojograab.com

August 2, 2015 / 10:33 am

just got it yesterday and absolutely love it!