Models Own ‘Icing’ Collection: Like A Fondant Fancy For Your Nails

Pastels for spring? Groundbreaking. (A little Miranda Priestly inspo to kick of a sunny morning.) However, it’s the execution of said pastels that means a collection either fades into the background, or stands out as a new season must-have. Models Own’s newest collection is definitely the latter, thanks to the delicate frosted bottles that hold some incredibly delicious shades; it’s no surprise these have been inspired by fondant fancies, iced treats and perfectly decorated cupcakes, because all five are somewhat delicious. Including five wearable shades, these provide a slightly new take on pastel by providing glossy tones that look beautiful when applied on the nail.

Including a delicate orange that would look great with a tan, a non-sickly sweet baby pink, the most perfect brown-nude, a statement purple that still airs on the side of caution, plus a mint green tone that’s the ultimate shade for spring, all five make a welcome addition to my new season colour collection. Most line-ups from Models Own contain a couple of shades I love and keep, but it’s rare I would actually wear all of the featured colours without feeling out of my comfort zone – all five of these provide me with a serious case of nail polish lust.

The polishes themselves apply perfectly and don’t leave any streaking or transparency in colour, as well as drying really quite quickly to leave a lovely glossy finish. From the packaging you’d expect a matte result, but the ‘Icing’ collection actually provides a shiny nail which helps the colour to pop even more. I’ve been wearing the polish for four days and only now am experiencing chipping on nails which means it needs to be replaced – not bad at all for such an affordable high street buy. If there’s one range of nail polish you’re going to want to investigate this spring, then I’ve no doubt this should be the top of your list.

Are you excited about the latest nail collection from Models Own?

The Models Own ‘Icing’ collection launches in March, with each polish costing £4.99.

1. Antonia
    March 3, 2015 / 9:26 am

There are some lovely shades in this collection. I especially like the brown nude. I find Models Own varnishes apply really well and last a good amount of time. They're far more affordable than others too!Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

2. Betty Leopard
    March 3, 2015 / 9:31 am

The bottles are lovely in the frosted finish, personally I'd rather the polishes were matte, but that can be solved with a matte top coat.I might go for the pink and the mint, but not sure the other shades are for me

3. Caroline Cooch
    March 3, 2015 / 10:11 am

Oh how pretty, I love the pinky one in particular. These colours make me feel all summery!

4. Angela Kate Webster
    March 3, 2015 / 10:13 am

I'm not a huge fan of the pastels in clothes stores atm, but pastel polishes? Gimme them all! These shades are so pretty. I agree with Betty though, I'd prefer a matte. I do love Models Own.

5. Ami Ford
    March 3, 2015 / 1:27 pm

These nail polishes are gorgeous, I may just have to invest! x

6. Photo-Jenn-ic
    March 3, 2015 / 2:29 pm

ooooh amazing shades! Perfect for Spring and Summer!

7. Vicki
    March 3, 2015 / 2:48 pm

I love the look of this new collection. I like pastel shades as the weather gets warmer. I would wear all of these but the Mint & the Peach looks beautifulhttp://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

8. Kiss & Make-up
    March 3, 2015 / 4:00 pm

I love the photography here, so pretty 🙂 And I'm loving the pastellish vibe of these colors, very cute!

9. Marie Sanderson
    March 3, 2015 / 4:21 pm

Really love these colours xo xhttp://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

10. Emyii Rankin
    March 3, 2015 / 4:46 pm

I'm in love with this collection, they really do look like icing =]emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

11. Becky Smith
    March 3, 2015 / 5:04 pm

I haven't really been a huge fan of any of Models Own more recent collections but that did change with the Chrome collection and I have bought four of those. I do also like the look of this one and I think if I was going to pick up any shades it would have to be the lilac and the mint green x Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

12. Amy Amynmore
    March 3, 2015 / 9:37 pm

The pink and orange are gorgeous. Can I ask, when you say they lasted four days, is this with or without a topcoat? Thanks.Amy at Amy & More

13. Angela Thompson
    March 5, 2015 / 5:34 pm

Lovely pastel colours for spring, I especially like the lilac one I think a purchase is in order!

December 5, 2015 / 8:42 pm

Lilac and Mint and definitely my favouritesAbigail