Perfectly Matched: Makeup Revolution Radiant Light Highlighters

I’ve jabbered on before about how highlighters can be your best friend in the winter months, injecting radiance to otherwise dull and ‘flat’ skin. However, it’s often tricky finding highlighters that are available in different shades that can be used with varying complexions. The standard highlighter provides a touch of light, but Makeup Revolution have developed a trio of products that offer differing tones so that you can add more warmth to your look. Aptly named ‘Breathe, Exhale and Glow’, all three highlighters are wearable and bring together the benefit of a light bronzer and subtle shimmer. Unlike many other contouring products that can be a bit too much outside of the peak of summer, these bridge the gap perfectly and provide a dreamy result.

The swirled pans are full of a lightweight and smooth powder formula that can be brushed onto cheekbones and the bridge of the nose using a fluffy brush. Swirling the bristles around in the pan helps to lift the product and buff it into the skin for a super natural finish. I love how the result isn’t overly shimmery and there’s no glitter whatsoever (a miracle if you’re already a fan of highlighters – that’s tricky to find!) making these incredibly wearable.

I love the middle shade ‘Exhale’ for adding a combination of light and warmth to my skin, but there’s no doubt I’ll be moving onto ‘Glow’ when I have more of a tan in the warmer months. ‘Breathe’ offers a more standard colour with only the tiniest hint of bronze, making it a great default shade that can be worn all year round. Makeup Revolution seem to continue to knock it out of the park with every launch and this is no exception. At £5.00 each you can even justify picking up all three to see you through 2015 with ease.

Are you a fan of highlighters? Would you consider using a highlighter-bronzing duo?

The Makeup Revolution Radiant Light Highlighters are available exclusively online, priced £5.00.

1. Faiza Qaiser
    January 9, 2015 / 3:28 pm

I need these in my life 🙂 what are you doing makeup revolution , I'm going to end up all the money I saved up ….. Stop making such gorgeous products please

2. Danielle LeShea
    January 9, 2015 / 3:53 pm

Those are so beautiful! I don't even know if I could use them! But really, I have been dabbing into the highlighting and contouring as of late, mostly using bronzer to add a glow to my dark skin. Any tips on contouring??www.danielleleshea.com

3. effstarbeauty
    January 9, 2015 / 3:57 pm

Another great line of products from Makeup Revolution! Need them in my life!Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty

4. Computergirl
    January 9, 2015 / 4:37 pm

These look really pretty 🙂

5. Bess Oates
    January 9, 2015 / 5:09 pm

i've seen so many good reviews on these highlighters! i may need to give them a go – nice post :-)fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

6. Caitlin Isaacs
    January 9, 2015 / 7:27 pm

Absolute gorgeous pictures! I ordered one of these the other day but can't remember which one that was.. Fingers crossed it looks good! xwww.vanillabeautyx.co.uk

7. Kat @ Cherries In The Snow Beauty Blog
    January 9, 2015 / 7:30 pm

Glow is more orange than I would have imagined. I think I'd go for Breathe.Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

8. Lydia Daley
    January 9, 2015 / 8:05 pm

I read another blog that recommended Breathe as an all-over setting powder, which sounded amazing. Each to their own, of course, but after seeing swatches I certainly won't be dusting it all over! However, a little over my acne-scarred cheekbones should do nicely to deflect light rather than illuminate imperfections, so it stays on my shopping list 🙂

9. f-allenrose
    January 9, 2015 / 9:01 pm

i've heard that these are rather similar to the hourglass ambient lighting powders, they have definitely been added to my wish list now 🙂

10. Philippa
    January 9, 2015 / 9:04 pm

These look lovely! I think my favourite is the lightest shade (:ABlogByPhilippa

11. Dannie - Famous in Japan
    January 9, 2015 / 9:31 pm

I think Breathe is the prettiest and most versatile 🙂 I wonder if MUR ever sleep…?Dannie xwww.famousinjapan.co.uk

12. Linda Malt
    January 9, 2015 / 9:42 pm

I love a good highlighter, these look amazing!!Clickity click here, if you wish! All things Makeup, Fashion and Beauty, On a budget!

13. gio
    January 10, 2015 / 2:18 pm

Breathe is very pretty! I like Glow too but I don't think it'd suit my skintone.

14. Rock without a reason
    January 10, 2015 / 2:47 pm

Wow that looks beautiful! Everytime they launch amazing products.

15. Sophie Blumenthal
    January 10, 2015 / 5:44 pm

Wow those are gorgeous.Sophie x

16. Mandy S
    January 10, 2015 / 6:49 pm

Breathe and Exhale look lovely. xFARFROMPERFECTIONXO

17. Siobhan
    January 10, 2015 / 7:15 pm

I'll be honest, I've never really understood how to use highlighters properly, I always fall for the colours though, so much pretty sparkle!

18. Amanda
    January 10, 2015 / 7:19 pm

Oh my these look dreamy and at that price I just can't resist xxdreamingxpretty.blogspot.co.uk

19. Jasmine Stewart
    January 10, 2015 / 8:18 pm

I'm obsessed with the shade Breathe – it's the only highlighter I've ever worn during the daytime as it's so perfect for me! xx Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

20. Sciencekoekje
    January 10, 2015 / 9:19 pm

I really like breathe and exhale. If i would want to go for the combo i would probably rather go for exhale. Glow seems to be very orangey which is probably really good on a darker skin colour but i am a very pale faced gal ;)http://sciencekoekje.blogspot.be/

21. Embur
    January 11, 2015 / 9:34 pm

ohh I have been eyeing these for so long now…but I was so glad to see they have a radiant palette on their site so when pay day comes I know were my moneys going lol. That Glow shade looks a little scary though for us fair skinned beauties.By the way…great blog!! http://embur-lipsandlashes.blogspot.co.uk/

22. Ally Brett
    January 12, 2015 / 2:49 pm

Love the look of breathe. Something natural with just a hint of a glow 🙂 need to get my hands on theseally xhttp://brettlesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

23. Bryony Rose
    January 24, 2015 / 4:24 pm

Loved this blog post, I really want to try some more highlighters and these seem perfect!!