Lipstick Queen ‘Bete Noire’: One Shade Three Ways

In the first of the big 2015 previews, this January sees the launch of the Bête Noire collection from lipstick extraordinaire Poppy King. Her ‘Lipstick Queen’ brand has become the ultimate go-to for when you need a lipstick that works for you, no matter the texture or intensity. I love the fact that she designs one shade and makes it available in a multitude of formulas, so you can pick the perfect bullet for your requirements. For 2015 she’s going vampy, launching a trio of lipsticks entitled ‘Bete Noire’ that provide a rich and deeply dark berry tone that’s not for the fainthearted. Each of the three provides a different finish, ensuring that an otherwise scary tone can be personalised and picked to match your overall look: Possessed Sheer is a lightweight formula that provides an understated ‘crushed berries’ finish; Possessed Intense is a creamy
lipstick that coats the lips in dark black cherry; Possessed Metal
gives lips a shimmering look with a metallic finish.

I know that this colour isn’t for everyone, but I’m currently loving
these slightly gothic and deeply intense berry tones. They work on most
complexions (even though you may not think it,) especially on paler
skins that turn into something ethereal and fairytale like. If you’re
not totally convinced, then the Possessed Sheer is a great introduction
to berry shades and definitely wearable. Packaged in beautiful square
casing that complements the lipstick colours perfectly, these are
definitely lipsticks to be treasured – especially considering their
£28.00 price point. Personally I wish Lipstick Queen would reduce their
prices a little as I feel they’re becoming a little unattainable and
charging more than some of the most premium brands available;
nevertheless their lipsticks are fantastic.

Can you see yourself wearing one of these berry tones come January?

The ‘Bete Noire’ collection launches in January into Space NK, priced £28.00 each.

1. beautyqueenuk
    December 5, 2014 / 4:19 pm

I love Lipstick Queen Lipsticks, just not sure I could pull any of these off, stunning though they are x

2. Miss Emma Charlotte
    December 5, 2014 / 4:47 pm

I love Lipstick Queen lipsticks! These might just be enough to get me to try some berry lipsticks :)X Emma | http://www.missemmacharlotte.com

3. Isabel O
    December 5, 2014 / 5:10 pm

Wow, those are some daring shades. I don't think I am brave enough but they're definitely pretty colours. The packaging is great too. x

4. gio
    December 5, 2014 / 5:17 pm

These are so pretty! The sheer shade looks like something I could pull off.

December 5, 2014 / 5:20 pm

Great post, as always 🙂 x Beautiiberry.blogspot.com

6. Emily Cole
    December 5, 2014 / 6:05 pm

I'm *really* sorry if you've addressed this before but… is there a reason we don't get to see the makeup ON your face when you review products? I think it would be really helpful! 🙂

• London Beauty Queen
      December 5, 2014 / 6:10 pm

No it's a fair question! For a number of reasons really…1. I normally take pictures in bulk before I use products, so it's not always practical to follow up with an image of myself wearing everything. 2. Sometimes you can't really see the product on when you take a picture of it, so it doesn't add any value to my review. 3. I never wanted the site to be 'all about me' – I think it's nicer for people to imagine what a product would like on them rather than showing my mug all the time and those with different complexions/hair colours maybe thinking it's not for them. 4. Every time I do upload a picture of myself I get anonymous comments calling me fat, telling me my hair looks shit or generally being nasty… It's not worth it! Hope that helps x

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2014 / 4:26 am

Re number 4, that's terrible! Why do people find it necessary to be so vile, how pathetic. They're probably just jealous and have very sad, empty lives. The lippies are gorgeous shades, I want them all! The prices do seem to be going up a lot, sadly, but they are great quality.

• London Beauty Queen
      December 6, 2014 / 11:52 am

It's part and parcel of putting yourself out there on the net I guess, but yes, very sad people with not a lot else to do in their lives unfortunately!

7. magan
    December 5, 2014 / 6:13 pm

Estoy alucinada de los bonitas que son!

8. Amy Lyne
    December 5, 2014 / 8:46 pm

Oh my gorgeous!Newkeybeauty.com

9. Nicola Wood
    December 5, 2014 / 9:09 pm

They're lovely, but I'm too big a skinflint to pay that much for a lippie. Especially one that can't be sacked everyday!

10. Hannah J
    December 5, 2014 / 9:54 pm

I really like the colours and packaging, not sure I could justify that price though!Hannah x RatedInBeauty

11. Laura Himp
    December 5, 2014 / 10:10 pm

I wasn't sure about these lipsticks but after seeing the swatches I really like the colours. I shall keep my eye out for them 🙂 thankyou Laura X

12. Danielle LeShea
    December 5, 2014 / 10:13 pm

I need these in my life!! Aaah Lipstick Queen!! Those colors are gorgeous! danielleleshea.blogspot.com

13. Rida Butt
    December 5, 2014 / 10:36 pm

love that berry tones really and thanks these are all awesome shades. i even get a guide from http://www.bestproduct.co/ about lipstick shades.

14. Annabel B
    December 5, 2014 / 11:39 pm

Such gorgeous shades, but they would be a tad too dark for me. Maybe when I am feeling braver!Annabel ♥Mascara & Maltesers

15. Leonie Parker
    December 5, 2014 / 11:59 pm

I love a dark lipstick! Leonie ♥ IkonikBeauty

16. Mary-Ann Lusmore
    December 6, 2014 / 11:41 am

Definitely want one or all three of these! They look so so good! Mary-Annxx Angel Flicks

17. Fiona Chick
    December 7, 2014 / 12:29 am

These look stunning. I already wear a very deep, matte lipstick from Mac, which was considerably cheaper than £28! Dark lipstick rocks and I would definitely wear this colour all year round.

18. ella grace
    December 7, 2014 / 2:02 pm

I love all three shades. I can't wait for January! Xx

19. Raquel
    December 7, 2014 / 3:16 pm

I love this idea! I love dark colours but they are not always appropriate for my work environment, so that's a solution 😉 x

20. Keep Dreaming