Currently Loving: My Top Three Skincare Picks

As I start to get a little older and fine lines creep up on me, I’ve become much more concerned and aware of effective skincare. Gone are the days when I just slapped on a three quid moisturiser and that was that; now I have a full on routine that includes serums, moisturisers, treatments and night creams – as well as targeted products for specific problem areas. As you can imagine, I’m bombarded with skincare products that claim to change the world and give you the skin you’ve always dreamed of… But very few even come close to delivering. Every so often I take stock and decide which products I’m really loving and reaching for regularly, integrating them into my routine seamlessly without having to really think about it. Right now, these three products are the ones I’m truly loving and why.

1. Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Night Cream (£4.49)
Part of the
newly launched ‘sensitive’ range, this straightforward night cream
simply moisturises and hydrates skin as you sleep without weighing it
down. There’s nothing complicated about it, which is sometimes quite
refreshing, meaning you simply wack it on and sleep in the knowledge
your skin is being looked after. Although I have lots of fancy night
creams and treatments, I’m loving this for its ‘back to basics’ approach
and complete lack of fragrance. A pea sized amount is enough to cover
my face, leaving it feeling fresh the next day. It doesn’t work
miracles, but it’s a great little cream if you just want something to
give your skin an extra boost.

2. Indemne Gimme Clear Unexpected Lotion (£17.99)
A
relatively new brand to the UK, this little vial contains a super
lightweight oil that helps to reduce the redness and inflammation of
spots. You just need to tip a small amount from the bottle onto a finger
and gently massage into the affected area, taking care to be gentle
while ensuring the product gets beneath the surface. Spot treatments
always promise a miracle cure, but this is the closest I’ve ever found –
it really does help to massively reduce the redness and irritation
around a spot, making it much easier to conceal. This works best when
applied before bed, left to get to work as you sleep, but can equally be
applied under makeup if you have a particualrly agressive bump. I’ve
found this reduces inflammation by at least half within a couple of
hours, even helping to treat ingrown hairs or blocked pores.

3. Clinique Smart Custom Serum (£48.00)
According
to Clinique, this is your new skincare best friend. Not only does it
work with your skin to provide the targeted care and hydration it needs,
but it helps to even skintone and leave your complexion looking
radiant. I can’t say that I’ve noticed a huge difference in the short
time that I’ve been using this, but I do really like it. The texture is
lightweight and velvety smooth, absorbing into skin within micro-seconds
to leave it feeling comfortable and hydrated. It works perfectly under a
light moisturiser and makeup too, which is often the problem with thick
and multi-functional serums. This is a great one-stop-shop in serum
form, fab for those of us that want one product to do everything we need
without the fuss.

Have you tried any of these? Do you have any current skincare faves?

1. www.thelondonturtle.com
    June 20, 2014 / 2:04 pm

I adore Nivea, its products do wonders at super affordable prices!

2. Jade Wimsey
    June 20, 2014 / 2:14 pm

Love the sound of the Indemne spot treatment, like you say every single spot treatment on the market promises a miracle cure but very few actually deliver results! Wonder if it'll be released into mainstream shops? (that's if it hasn't already!)Jade Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

3. The Beauty Informer
    June 20, 2014 / 2:33 pm

I've never heard of Indemne before but the brand sounds really interesting. Anything that successfully reduces redness is a friend of mine!thebeautyinformer.com

4. Lizette
    June 20, 2014 / 2:36 pm

I think I'm going to get myself a serum to help the dry skin, and some Nivea for the dryness. I agree that back to basics is sometimes exactly what we need.

June 20, 2014 / 2:53 pm

Ive just started reading your blog after seeing it on mumsnet. i enjoyed reading it and Thank you for the tips ive been thinking of trying the clinique for a while.

6. Sophie Ollis
    June 20, 2014 / 4:05 pm

I love Clinique skincare and this serum sounds like it's up to par.For the best green juice ingredients to make your skin glow, how to make your makeup last all day, and tips to enrich your daily moisturiser, check out: http://www.sophschoices.co.ukSophie

7. Mi Reino Por Un Gloss
    June 20, 2014 / 7:59 pm

I totally agree with two of your favs – Nivea and Clinique. On the other hand, Indemne hasn´t reached Spain yet, but I will definitely be on the lookout for it.Cheers!

8. Eleanor MayC
    June 21, 2014 / 7:43 am

This goodies all look good! I like using my Elemis FreshSkin serum and exfoliator for keeping my skin clear and glowing, and I am desperate to get the Origins GinZing moisturiser and eye cream in my life…Eleanor xGreen and Aquamarine

9. Aerie Berrie
    June 21, 2014 / 2:27 pm

This is a great post! I love to see what people have been loving recently! xxBerrieBlogs {beauty and lifestyle blog}

10. Smitten Lilly
    June 21, 2014 / 10:34 pm

The Nivea moisturiser is definitely going on my 'to try' list :)http://smittenlilly.wordpress.com/

11. Manouk Maat
    June 22, 2014 / 12:57 pm

I've been looking for a cheap day/night cream and I have used it before but I think I have to go back to the Nivea one.. I don't get why I ever stopped using it ?!WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

12. Morag
    June 23, 2014 / 10:18 am

Love Nivea, always great value.