NEW: Barry M Gelly Lips (Another Great Chubby Stick Dupe?)

We’ve all become a little obsessed with Chubby Sticks and their more affordable equivalents. Not only are they really handy for applying on the go, but they provide a hit of colour and great shine to match. Barry M are really pulling the dupes out of the bag at the moment, completing their lipstick offering with these new Gelly Lips. Sold as soft, moisturising lip crayons, they’re available in five shades and provide a serious hit of colour that’s rather unexpected.

Unlike the Chubby Stick originals, which focused on hydrating lips with a little colour as a bonus, the focus with these Gelly Lips is most definitely the colour result. All five shades provide lips with high pigment and a glossy finish, combining the colour of a lipstick with the texture of a balm. They’re super smooth and creamy to the touch, gliding onto lips to provide a fab finish; the small nibs ensure you can achieve a precise result too, rather than struggling to get the colour where you want it (which is often the case with the traditional Chubby Stick.)

Although these smell really cheap (they’ve got that ‘plastic’ smell that a lot of cheaper cosmetics have,) the result they provide for their £4.99 price point is really quite good. Available in pink, orange and berry shades, there’s also a colour to suit most skin tones – it’s just a shame there aren’t some subtler shades or nude tones to complete the collection. These don’t provide the comfort of a Chubby Stick, but the finish is fab if you’re on a budget.

The Barry M Gelly Lips are available now in Boots and Superdrug priced £4.99 each.

1. Pretty Purple
    March 15, 2014 / 4:53 pm

nice shadeshttp://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

2. Laura Chapman
    March 15, 2014 / 4:58 pm

This sound lovely and look really nice, but I'm not sure if I would prefer to pay a few pounds extra for the Revlon Colourburst Balms as I'm really not keen on that cheap plastic smell! I do love the orangey one though, so will have a sniff next time I'm in Boots!Laura x | Life and Lipstick

3. Ciara Pollock
    March 15, 2014 / 5:02 pm

wow, the swatches look so vibrant! these sound really good, especially considering they're only a fiver xhttp://ciarapocket.blogspot.ie x

4. Lucy
    March 15, 2014 / 5:09 pm

that orange/red shade is absolutely beautiful! was not expecting them to be as pigmented as that. I love the idea of a smaller crayon too, I know what you mean about struggling with the chunkier ones!Lucy xxSailor Speak

5. beautyqueenuk
    March 15, 2014 / 9:44 pm

Oooh now I am liking the look of these, the pinks are stunning xwww.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

6. Aerin Downs
    March 16, 2014 / 3:58 am

These look so nice!BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

7. Sophie
    April 8, 2014 / 3:48 pm

Look a bit bright for me! I'm wondering how good chubby sticks etc are regarding sharpening them or if they just fall apart at the tip after that…

8. Leahxo
    April 11, 2014 / 9:55 am

I love these! xhttp://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

9. Alison Ross
    May 25, 2014 / 12:02 pm

They fall apart! I just sharpened mine, it was a bit hard as it's a sort of plastic pencil. The actual lipstick was all over the inside of the sharpener & when I removed it the tip was all misshapen & ready to fall off, it was a bit of a blobby mess compared to original tip which didn't take long to wear down. Good color, though. Just would have been better if it had a twist or click to replenish tip.