Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream has been one of the most celebrated beauty products for as long as I’ve known what beauty products were. Loved by women of all ages, makeup artists and skincare experts alike, this is one product that everyone should have stashed in their handbag for all kinds of emergencies. Although I was quite late to the Eight Hour Cream party, now that I’ve discovered it it’s become an essential on my dressing table and a product I would thoroughly recommend. Its unusual gel-balm texture is nothing like a cream, scaring away many consumers who simply don’t know how to use it, but this lends itself to being extremely multi-functional and a great investment buy. Here are my top ten uses for Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream, now available in a ‘fragrance free’ version.
1. Dry Skin Soother: The thick texture of the balm ensures it makes a great soothing solution for dry skin patches, flaky elbows and dehydrated hands. A small amount can be massaged into the skin easily to leave it feeling instantly hydrated and tension relieved. It’s great to carry around during the winter months, providing an effective hit of relief when the cold winds get too much.
2. Lipbalm: Great for dry and chapped lips, a small amount can help relieve tightness and restore the natural balance of your pout. No only does it provide shine and help to create the illusion of fuller lips, the formula is long-lasting and helps to soothe in the long-term too.
3. Cuticle Care: A little amount of balm massaged into each of the cuticles can help to hydrate dry skin and massage away dead cells. If you’re not a fan of cuticle oil, then the Eight Hour Cream provides a thicker and more maleable formula which will help to keep your hands looking tip top.
4. Heel Relief Balm: Dry, cracked heels are unsightly and uncomfortable, but using a little of this can help to hydrate heels and prevent them from cracking further. It’s great when used as a weekly treatment and massaged into feet to leave them super smooth.
5. Aftersun: Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream is proven to help relieve the symptoms of sunburn by rehydrating the skin’s surface and soothing the damaged area. It contains Vitamin E, essential for healthy skin, and gets to work to leave skin feeling much better within eight hours… Hence the name!
6. Shaving Relief: In the same way the balm works as a great treatment for sunburn, the Eight Hour Cream works extremely well for irritation caused by shaving. It can also help soothe cuts and nicks caused by a dodgy razor, leaving your pins looking fab in no time.
7. In-Flight Companion: Thanks to its high concentration of ingredients and ability to rapidly hydrate the skin, Eight Hour Cream is a great companion if you’re taking a long-haul flight. Apply it to your face after removing makeup and let it sink in during the flight duration, ensuring when you apply your makeup upon landing it sits perfectly and your complexion looks refreshed.
8. Eyebrow Tamer: The wax-like texture helps to calm unruly brows and comb them into shape, keeping them in place all day. Perfect for when you haven’t had time to take a trip to the salon, or when you’re just channeling your inner Cara Delevigne.
9. Face Mask: If you’re suffering from the cold winter winds and your skin has seen better days, applying a thin layer of Eight Hour Cream as a face mask can provide a hydration kick. After twenty minutes your skin will feel plumped, refreshed and much smoother.
10. Spot Treatment: We all get unsightly pimples at certain times of the month, which ineveitably leave us with a dry and flaky patch that’s worse than the original spot. Using a touch of Eight Hour Cream can help soothe the irritation, calm redness and hydrate skin to get your complexion back to normal much quicker.
Do you have any other uses for Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream? I’d love to know!
Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream is now available in a Fragrance Free version priced £22.10 for a 50ml tube.