NEW: No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation

Traditionally the cold weather in January sees us reaching for the thick foundations, attempting to cover up the previous month’s excesses and create a base that fools. However, there are lighter foundations that can offer equal coverage with the benefit of a weightless look and feel; a dewy complexion and natural coverage is much more appealing than a cake-like finish. No7 are launching a new foundation this January, adding to their reportoire ‘Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation.’ Available in 14 different shades (so much better than the usual six we have to pick from!) the formula provides a Vitamin E enriched foundation that helps to both protect and repair the skin.

The formula is extremely runny and light, meaning
it’s essential to get your application technique right: it’s better to
apply this sparingly with a brush, building up 2-3 layers to achieve the
desired finish. Although initially I didn’t think this would do much
for me, it’s become a great replacement for my beloved Benefit ‘Hello Flawless
which is nearly twice the price. The formula is so light, yet it
creates a uniform colour with no excess shine or caking; it doesn’t
block pores and it’s suitable for all skin types, making this a great
daily product for everyone. Whereas heavier foundations can sit in fine
lines and age the skin, Stay Perfect Superlight can help skin look
fresher and younger by catching the light and helping skin to glow.

What’s
even better is that the foundation contains SPF15, which helps to
protect your skin from damage during the winter months when you just
can’t face layering on the sun cream. I love the cute little bottle
which makes it perfect for traveling, as well as the precision nozzle
which prevents you from pouring too much of the formula out and wasting
valuable foundation. I’m happy to report that this also lasts all day
without flaking or becoming patchy, as well as working well with a light
dusting of translucent powder to set the formula and finish your look.
Why not start 2014 with a great foundation and let it do the hard work
for you?

NEW Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation (£14.50) is available in 14 skin true shades from Boots and boots.com from 22 January.

1. Martha Woods
    January 3, 2014 / 2:38 pm

Looks lovely! I hope this will be available Stateside soon. I usually grab Boots from Target but my local Target isn't always the best-stocked 😛

2. Gina B
    January 3, 2014 / 2:40 pm

Ooh, exciting! You said there's 14 shades now, is there a mixture of cool and warm undertones in the range? Or is it mostly golden? No doubt I'll go and plop a load on the back of my hand when they come out anyway!

January 3, 2014 / 2:51 pm

I've no idea to be honest – I haven't seen all 14, just read the descriptions. Normally with a range like that you get a mix of undertones.

3. Charlotte MacDonald-Gaunt
    January 3, 2014 / 2:49 pm

It sounds lovely, although I'm a little concerned that I won't get the application right.. have to think about this one… XxMakeup by Candlelight

January 3, 2014 / 4:25 pm

You just need a brush and you'll be fine… Practice makes perfect!

4. hanne
    January 3, 2014 / 3:34 pm

ooh interesting, what kind of applicator do you recommend? i might have to try this for myself and grab an alternative to my beloved full-coverage matte! xohanne-xo.blogspot.com

January 3, 2014 / 4:25 pm

A synthetic angled foundation brush works well – enables you to really get the formula into all the creases!

5. Tween Berrie
    January 4, 2014 / 6:40 am

Sounds lovely! Might have to get my hands on it :)! berrie-blogs.blogspot.com xx

6. beautyqueenuk
    January 4, 2014 / 3:30 pm

Oh I like the sound of this, I am still searching for my HG foundation xBeautyqueenuk xx

7. mandi
    January 5, 2014 / 10:39 am

N07 do foundation match made service so theirs no guessing the colour or popping it on the back of your hand it guessing your correct skin tone its a fab service just ask a no7 advisor