NEW: Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm

There are brands I love, brands I like, brands I tolerate and brands that don’t even touch my radar. Clarins is generally one of those brands that I don’t even think about, until they go ahead and launch something uniquely fabulous that grabs my attention. As someone who is utterly addicted to lip balms, I’m always on the hunt for something a bit different that not only looks pretty, but does the job well too. These limited edition crystal lip balms provide a sheer hydrating gel with an inner bullet of colour, providing the effect of a gloss without the sticky feeling. The unique shades of green and blue may look strange upon first glance, but the tint of the gel complements the inner colour to leave a subtle hue on the lips that has added depth. By mixing the two formulas together in one swooping motion, you get a glossy lipstain with hydrating properties that’s both easy and comfortable to wear. Annoyingly, you do have to rub your lips together to ensure the pigment is distributed evenly and you don’t just end up with ombre lips (deeper colour in the centre) unintentionally, but the bullet is strong and easy to apply. The packs are great quality and the flash of colour at the end brings a touch of youthfulness to a brand mostly associated with the more mature customer; I have to admit Clarins have most definitely got my attention with these cute and bright lip treats. Will you be wearing a blue tint this Spring?

The lip balms are available now in four shades priced £16.50 each

1. Lauren
    March 20, 2013 / 3:36 pm

Gorgeous colours! I wasn't expecting them to be so pigmented, I love the pink ones especiallyLaurenFashionswirls.blogspot.com

2. Is This Real Life?
    March 20, 2013 / 3:36 pm

Ahh these look amazing! I need the pink one in my life! X

3. fluff and fripperies
    March 20, 2013 / 5:39 pm

I've been a huge Clarins fan for years – they've always been great with skincare and body products but in the past few years their makeup offering has really come on too. These look fab!

4. Shabby Chic and Tea
    March 20, 2013 / 7:36 pm

wow they look so different to other lip balms! Lovely! love the purple one! xoShabby Chic and Tea♥

5. Andrew James
    March 21, 2013 / 4:24 pm

I tried these out at the Debenhams Press Show they were so awesome! i loved how the colours just seem to be really nice and light but the lipstick its self is weird colourswww.andrewjamesblog.com

6. Suki
    March 22, 2013 / 12:58 pm

I have an older formulation of the orange crystal balm and I love it, evident from the fact that it's in my handbag and I tend to wear it every day. It's hydrating enough and I love the sheen it leaves on the lips; it makes them brighter and pinker which is perfect for me because I find lipstick too heavy!

March 22, 2013 / 2:24 pm

these are adorable!! Colours are so amazing! Great write up!

8. Farrah Allarakha
    March 22, 2013 / 5:16 pm

Are these similar to the Loreal ones? I bought one of those and the colour is fab but it really doesn't last for longer than like 30 minutes!

9. London Beauty Queen
    March 23, 2013 / 5:57 pm

The colour lasts as long as the balm does, if that makes sense… So it depends what you're doing with your lips! (snigger)