I don’t think you can get more boring, basic and simple than your deodorant. It’s that one product that needs to do its job and as long as it does you don’t really pay attention to it. I have to admit I’ve been using the same one for years because there’s no real reason to change it or search through the shelves in Boots for an alternative when there’s nothing wrong with the one I’ve got. When these new colourful, funky and beautiful smelling concoctions arrived with my postie I had to start re-thinking my approach to my under arms.
Palmolive’s Soft & Gentle has been around for as long as I can remember and was a product I used a lot in my youth. However, its scent was never particularly pleasant, reminding me of talcum powder and old ladies! These newly launched variants make your pits a little bit more exciting and exotic though, as Palmolive questioned over 4000 ladies to find out what women really want from a deodorant… this is the result.
- Drive tension away with Anti-Stress Aromatherapy Lavender & Patchouli
- Turn heads with Sensual Aromatherapy Wild Rose & Vanilla
- Revitalise your senses with Refresh Frozen Coconut & Peach
- Pamper yourself with Kind To Skin Soft Jasmine & Coco Milk
- Stay fresh with Extra Dry Linen & Wild Cornflower
- Banish marks with Anti White Marks Verbena & Waterlily
- Revive yourself with Extra Fresh Lotus & Watermelon
- Be ready for anything with Body Responsive Passion Flower & Black Orchid
- Gently protect with Sensitive Almond Milk & Honeysuckle
I’ve got a few of these in my possession and my favourites have to be Passion Flower & Black Orchid (uplifting but not overly floral) and Frozen Coconut & Peach (it doesn’t smell like a Pina Colada!) The scents are strong enough to be smelt, but subtle enough not to take over if you want to wear perfume too. I’m a big perfume fan so I’ve just been matching my scents so they complement – although after a couple of hours the scent fades away so you can still spritz to your hearts content on the way to the bar. For the first time in years I’m a bit excited about deodorant again and that can’t be a bad thing! Top marks to Palmolive… now maybe they can make my toothpaste a little bit more exciting.