If you haven’t noticed, (i.e. haven’t opened your advent calendar) then today is December 1st. Not only does that mean we can officially get excited about Santa coming, but more importantly it’s World AIDS Day. This horrendous illness takes the lives of so many people each year, completely unnecessarily, so it’s a cause I really believe in helping raise awareness about. If you want to do your bit while also getting something fabulous for yourself then pop into MAC this chilly weekend and pick up one of their VIVA GLAM lipsticks or lipglosses, where 100% of the profits go to help AIDS charities around the globe.
What are you wating for? Go buy lipstick and provide some poor kid with shoes… there’s been no better reason to buy makeup in the history of the world, ever!
One purchase of VIVA GLAM can help in the following ways:
- Provide 1 nutritious meal for a support group for 2 days
- Provide support and education for 5 pregnant women diagnosed with HIV/AIDS giving them the tools to prevent transmission to their unborn child
- Buy 1 pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- Purchase 1 school starter pack of stationery for a child orphaned by AIDS
- Buy 1 vegetable seed starter pack for a community garden
- Purchase health education posters for a child care resource centre
- Provide 1 Party Pack for a child to celebrate Christmas, Easter or a birthday.