Blush Me Beautiful!

I like a good rosy cheek. As a paler lady, the rosy cheek is my saviour as it makes me look less like Sophie Ellis Bextor in the midst of winter and more Cheryl Cole pre-exotic holiday. I do have numerous blushers in my possession, ranging from the very cheap to the very expensive (with Benefit somewhere in the middle) but always a good quality colour. I’ve been using Benefit’s Throbb for a good few years, as it seems to last practically a lifetime, but now there’s a much cheaper alternative from the people at MeMeMe.

I was sent this lovely package and instantly was struck by the similarity to Benefit’s Throbb, which was already in my make-up bag. The box is exactly the same size and shape (as well as quality) but also comes with a small mirror in the lid, as well as a cute little brush to apply it. I was really keen to try it to see if the similarity was just in appearance…

The formula is soft and silky on your skin, perfectly complemented by the ultra soft brush that’s included. I was concerned that it wouldn’t apply enough formula as it’s not very thick, but it does the job well. The shade I’ve been using is simply called ‘pink’ and it’s a lovely bright colour without being too harsh or clown-looking! When you apply it to your cheeks it doesn’t come out bright or heavy, but is able to be build up to a colour that suits you. (I really detest when blushers are so bright that you put one sweep on and you’re already looking like Krusty the Clown.) The payoff is really very similar to the result I get with Throbb, so this is a winner!

I really like this product and it’s definitely going to take me into the winter season, adding a flash of colour that can either be worn under bronzer or alone. As a cheaper alternative to Benefit it does the job and looks pretty in your make-up case. I think these will be available in September – I have asked for more details so I’ll let you know asap!

1. CinereaBellFlower
    August 25, 2010 / 11:18 am

Wow, I am so excited by this!!! Can't wait to be able to try it. The packaging is great but it is practically the same as Benefit in concept and appearance so I wonder if they will have trouble putting this on shelves without resistance from Benefit and the like.http://cinereabellflower.blogspot.com

2. LondonGirl
    August 25, 2010 / 11:33 am

You can't copyright packaging, only names and things… you can't even protect a formula unless you develop it in your own factory! So many brands are playing copycat now, but at least it's good for the consumer… shaking it up a bit! x

3. Kirsty
    August 25, 2010 / 11:47 am

Oh wow! I love Benefit products such as Coralista and Hoola. So good that MeMeMe are doing this, it will be so much cheaper! Do you know how much it will retail for? 🙂 ♥ x

4. Get Gawjus!
    August 25, 2010 / 12:34 pm

Oh I wana try this one now 🙂

5. LondonGirl
    August 25, 2010 / 1:26 pm

I'm not sure what the RRP is as their PR agency is a bit rubbish at getting back to me, but everything seems to be under a fiver so around that I reckon x

6. HopePeaceLoveMakeup
    August 25, 2010 / 8:22 pm

Benefit is my obession looks like ill have a new cheaper version I started a blog myself and wanted to know if youd give me some feedbackhopepeacelovemakeup.blogspot.com

7. LondonGirl
    August 26, 2010 / 10:45 am

HopePeaceLoveMakeup – if you email me I'll give you some tips : ) xx

8. ModestyBrown
    August 26, 2010 / 7:48 pm

Thanks for the review! I love blushers but I've never been able to bring myself to part with the dosh for any of the Benefit blushers. I think it's because I see them as middle of the range quality but with a premium prize. Possibly unfairly as I've never owned one myself.This sounds like a great alternative to me. I'll be looking for them on the stand at my local Superdrug! :)xx

9. Makeup Savvy
    August 26, 2010 / 9:13 pm

Oh this looks quite a nice product…love that it's boxed and is quite Benefit like! Will have my eyes peeled for this! Fee x

10. Lisa
    August 27, 2010 / 3:10 am

Oohh..this looks neat. I love Benefit makeup, especially the blushes. Sugarbomb and Dandelion are my two favorites at the moment, but I would love to try this, since it is so similar in the packaging. I wonder though if it will come out in the US? Love your blog btw. 🙂

11. LondonGirl
    August 27, 2010 / 3:09 pm

There's a lorra love for this product – hopefully it'll be in a store near you soon! xx

12. KIRSTY
    September 4, 2010 / 1:21 pm

I've just bought it from local Superdrug! The price is £6.49 but I think its originally £7.50 or something so you saved a few pennies 🙂 Looking forward to trying it out properly!

13. Ksenia
    September 17, 2010 / 7:59 am

This looked like supergreat news until I found out we they don't sell it in Moscow, Russia. I mean, at all. Only Benefit(Anyway, thanks for the review! As soon as I get a chance to do some shopping in Europe, I'll surely buy this blusher

14. Ksenia
    September 17, 2010 / 8:27 am

This looked like supergreat news until I found out they don't sell it in Moscow, Russia. I mean, at all. Only Benefit(Anyway, thanks for the review! As soon as I get a chance to do some shopping in Europe, I'll surely buy this blusher

15. xXMaNdAXx
    October 23, 2010 / 2:17 pm

woow.. i've had my eye on these lately ..and i told a friend of mine to buy me some while she's in london cause we don't get these in Malta (sob!) great review xoxoblushmebeauty.blogspot.com

16. niniel555